• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bottom of runs

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hiya,

I'm building my own collapsable runs for the buns to play out in during the day (they will have rain/sun shelter, and be secure).

However, I have some diggers :roll: :lol: ...so i need to make sure they can't dig out of the bottoms during the day.

The runs will be sited on grass, and be collapsable to put away at night time. Buns will be out in them from 9am-8pm(ish).

What could I do to prevent buns digging out of them? :?

I think if you put wire on the bottom its going to be difficult to fold them up :?
unless you buy some attach it together and lay it on the floor then just sit the run ontop of it?

bluebunny said:
I think if you put wire on the bottom its going to be difficult to fold them up :?
unless you buy some attach it together and just sit the run ontop of it?

I did think of mesh, but yeah then I thought of the folding up :?

Would it be secure enough just to sit the runs ontop of the mesh? I suppose it would be maybe?

Veronica said:
bluebunny said:
unless you buy some attach it together and just sit the run ontop of it?

I did think of mesh, but yeah then I thought of the folding up :?

Would it be secure enough just to sit the runs ontop of the mesh? I suppose it would be maybe?
I had to do it once i overlayed the mesh so it was bigger than the run then sat the run on top of it it did work

Cool, I'll do that then :D

Just with me working more now, I want to be able to put the rabbits out all day (with rain and sun protection), and know they are safe and secure whilst I'm at work.

At the moment, they get out in the runs every day for a few hours whilst I'm in to supervise.

Back