• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Robbie gets neutered tomorrow

Bex Dave and Robbie

Warren Veteran
Now I'm planning on giving the vet curly Kale (his favourite veg) to tempt him to start eating, placing his toy carrot in the carrier with him (so he has something to play with...and familiar) obviously give him water and food..but do you think it would be OTT to give him a bottle of ice to keep him cool...or would he be cool after the op (I know they need to keep their temperature stable). He loves his ice bottle in the hutch..and am worried he will be hot without it! Any ideas? Anything else I need to do?

Oh and how do I stop myself ringing every 30 mins to check he's ok?! :roll:

hi ya bex

as a first tiime bunny mummy getting your little man done you are gonna be worried, therer is no need it is a relatively small op in males :D rabits that have a ga cannot hold there own temperature very well for the first twently four hours as keeping them at room temperature is the best bet...

i wouldnt send loads of stuff with him to the vets as the VN dont normally use it and he will get taken out of his carrier and put in a pen when he gets there, the vets normally have a supply of hay and dried food at the vet to give him anyway and you can spoil him with all those godies when he gets home!

good luck for robbie tommorrow and do let us know how he gets on! :D

Eve x

Back