• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

2 different rabbits, sneezing a little

fuzzybutt

Young Bun
Is this a sign we should be wary of? Not consistently sneezing (if you can call it that, more like mild snorting). Would it have anything to do with this incredible heat and change of conditions we have had?

The both of us have had flu/colds. Is there any danger of contagion. Just wondering if this is anything to be aware of. Both are healthy females, in seperate rooms and no warning signs of discharge etc, teeth excellent and recent vet visits.

Clio has started sneezing today too but is totally healthy... I think it must be the heat, poor buns.

Oh, I realised I got the wrong forum for this entirely, or a litle at least.
Glad to know its not just us that have bunny problems. Poor little ones.

Thats the heat effect too on me too! Sorry.

I'm sneezing constanly too!!!

My buns have had the odd sneeze recently. I think it's the dust caused by the hot weather.

One of my bunnies has started to sneeze in the last few days i'm pleased others are finding the same I was getting worried but like yours she seems healthy and her usual self.

It is more than likely the extra dust around cos of the weather. I have a bun that sneezes all the time due to an irritation in her nose.

Back