• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are we all keeping our bunnies cool in this HEAT!!!!

im actually thinking of putting an air con unit in the bunny shed...

i change their water every evening and it is warm when i empty them!!!! each morning they have a bowl full of ice cubes - i put them out at 7.30am and i bet you any money that they were melted by 9am!!!

i also have a fan running 24/7 in the shed and im thing of getting it changed to a 'stronger' one

i saw one in the shops the other day, 30" diameter - if i had that in the shed the buns would have no fur left on their bodies :lol: :lol:

what else could i do - it gets so stuffy in there!!!

Mine have been out in there runs everyday from 6am -9pm
the summerhouse gets quite hot so they have been out with there runs fully covered so there in full shade
It was really hot today and all mine have been fine

I've put mine in a run where there's shade all day and covered part of their run in wet towels then a parasol oh and frozen bottles and a battery powered fan. Their shed was so hot when I got home at 5.30 to clean it out.

I got an air cooler for my bunnies shed but it was too large for such a small space.I now have it inside for the piggies.
I have a large fan in the hut,i also put frozen bottles in there and ceramic tiles which have been in the freezer.
This morning i soaked a pair of jeans in cold water and put them in the shed,they were still cool when i got home :D Bunnies weren,t so sure of them at first but were laid on them when i got home :D
I really do not like this weather it is such a worry.

Kept them indoors today, as I would just worry otherwise. They had a fun day mooching around the kitchen munching on hay.

Ive been putting ice cubes in their water bottles and wiping over their fur and their ears with cool water to help evaporate some heat off them. Mindys ears have been bright red all day

mine have been out in shady runs all day, and I gave them all a sprinkling with the watering can too! they didn't look too impressed though! :shock:

On really hot days I have them in my bedroom with me... coolest room in the house, have celing fan... also a lot easier for me to check they are ok :D Also put cold bowls of water in loads of different places in the room (have 6 bowls of water all together :lol: ) Urm... lots of icepacks for them to lie on, put water on the back of their necks, cold plastic surfaces for them to lie on, today I even put towels in the fridge for them to sit on :lol: Also lots of cold, wet veggies for them to munch on :D :D

im off to buy an air con unit for them tonight

bnq are doing some cheap and good ones. we have one in the office at the mo and ive NEARLY got goose pimples :lol: :lol:

my buns indoors are fine as i leave the light fans on and the curtains are all shut. its nice and cool in the house, just not the shed :( but will be soon :lol:

My lot are in the saded bit of the garden and have frozen water bottles to lay next to but they don't actually seem that bothered by it really.

wel....

i was going to buy one, but everywhere is sold out

i have been to 3 bnq's 2 homebases and an argos and NOTHING - everything is SOLD OUT!!! i cant believe it

missblondebunny said:
wel....

i was going to buy one, but everywhere is sold out

i have been to 3 bnq's 2 homebases and an argos and NOTHING - everything is SOLD OUT!!! i cant believe it
They have some on ebay

missblondebunny said:
i finally got one today

the last one at bnq in gillingham :lol: :lol:

bunnies are lovely and cool now :D :D

Ahhh lucky bunnies, can I move in with them please?! :lol:

loopylop said:
missblondebunny said:
i finally got one today

the last one at bnq in gillingham :lol: :lol:

bunnies are lovely and cool now :D :D

Ahhh lucky bunnies, can I move in with them please?! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was thinking of doing the same thing!!!

my OH keeps going on about the fact that i brought the RABBITS one and not one for us :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I put frozen Water bottles in their hutches and (my neighbours probably think i am mad but) i have sheets going across from their hutches (they face each other) so it makes a tent type of thing :oops: that way they are in the shade all day

:lol: :lol: I have sheets going over my hut window.OH says it looks a right eye sore :lol: :lol: I don,t care as long as bunnies are cool.

Back