• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any one else bricking it

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I am really struggling to cope in the heat. Although we've computers on, no ventillaion or aircon. I am really worried about my animals, I work to far away so I can even go and check on them :(

I'm paranoid about my rats, I lost a pair a few weeks ago, I'm terrified of loosing the girls I have at the moment

SOAD said:
I am really struggling to cope in the heat. Although we've computers on, no ventillaion or aircon. I am really worried about my animals, I work to far away so I can even go and check on them :(

I have the same problem, I work 30 miles away and cant just dash back and check on everyone. No one to pop in to check either.

I have done everything I can to try and help cool them down, but still so worried about them. Its just way too hot.

Its make me physically ill when I am worrying about my animals and the heat.

I just want to go home.

Deb x

I'm terrified... luckily my mum has gone on holiday for 2 weeks so they're living in my room until she's back, so I can keep an eye on them :D
Hopefully they'll be ok now... colder in my room than outside!

I know what you mean :(

I've been really worried about the babies being in the hot summer house, so yesterday i decided to move them out to the playhouse during the day.
Am majorly paranoid about the fox, but decided the heat is too big an issue, so piled loads of stuff on top of and around the run as well as attaching it to the playhouse- 4 chairs, a door, bricks, a plant in a massive tub and an umbrella stand.

I feel lucky as in my building we have no air con, but office is at the back so's a bit cooler- i actually have a cardi on!

It's gettiong to the point at work where I am having trouble breathing. I hope all your furries are ok, I just want to be able to check on mine :(

Breath tree breath!!!! :shock:

What did you give them this morning to keep them cool?

You're not the only one worrying - I sponged Jack down last night when I got home from work to cool him down then sat him in the garden. He sat there for ages cleaning and shaking himself so in the end I had to dry him off with a towel!! He had this bemused look on his face like "mummy I don't understand why you are wetting and drying me?"

Milly is running round like a maniac as usual so I don't think the heat is bothering her - jack keeps laying down and panting. They are getting through LOADS of water - I have set up an extra water bottle just in case they run out.

Last night they had the fan - OH said he was hot and could he have it back in the bedroom - I just gave him a withering look and he turned over, and went to sleep! He knows where he comes in the pecking order :lol: :lol:

Aww hun im the same! I have had to leave them with the best i can! Wet grass and ice bags, this should hopfully keep them coolish until i can get home at 5.30 and hose the garden down XX Do you have a sprinkler tree?? If so you can leave that on all day, not on the buns bvut next to them it helps cool the air temp dramatically XXX

No sprinkler, I'm afraid I've no out door tap :(

Jai, all i've done really is stick in frozen water bottles (coke bottles etc) extra drinking water and put in frozen place mats. I don't feel liek I've done enough :(

SOAD said:
It's gettiong to the point at work where I am having trouble breathing. I hope all your furries are ok, I just want to be able to check on mine :(

oh god listen to the drama :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

i'm lucky i just went back to check mine, i keep telling Tree to buy the house by me but she wont listen! :evil:

I am lucky as I don't work on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm back at work tomorrow for 2 days and then I get all of the childrens school holidays off.

I shall be like you tomorrow though and worry until I can get home.

I have the week off this week, which I'm incredibly glad of, because I work in a kitchen, which can get unbearably hot. As it is I have all the windows open that have a fly screen on them, and me and Evo are flaked out and melting. I am sat here in my knickers and a vest, sat on a towel. :oops:
I usually move Evo's cage into the spare room with the curtains shut, which keeps pretty cool, because of the way the house is the sun never shines in directly. If this hot weather continues though, I'll buy a timer switch, so he can have the fan on him during the day when I go back to work.

I'm finding it hard to breathe too :cry: :cry: :cry: and I'm very worried for my buns and chinchilla. Chico had heat stroke a few weeks ago and nearly died :cry: :cry: :cry: I have an air cooler and have given everyone frozen bottles but I'm not sure it's enough :cry: :cry: :cry: I just couldn't bare to loose one of my babies :cry:

I have dipped Jimmy and Nelson Piggies in a bwl of cool water 3 times today already. I have also moved them from one pen to another so they are in permanent shade (they are outside)
The Buns are not doing too badly. I have just given Maggie another haircut and cool sponge down (she's an Angora.....although she looks like a lamb now :lol: )
The Air-Con unit seems to be effective. Just wish I could afford to have a proper system instaled.
I really HATE this weather :x

Janex

At least I'm not the only one worrying :oops: I never thought I would say this but I prefer the cold :oops:

I hate this weather too.Tomorrow is going to be better though 23c so thats alot cooler.
I have brought my piggies indoors,but i feel so mean cause they hate it :( They will be back out tomorrow though and alot happier.

I just want to go home now and check on everyone.

I am going to be so distraught if anything has happened. :?

Becca said:
I hate this weather too.Tomorrow is going to be better though 23c so thats alot cooler.
I have brought my piggies indoors,but i feel so mean cause they hate it :( They will be back out tomorrow though and alot happier.

Awwww my piggies are in too :)

Back