• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please do I leave them in run or shed with run tomorrow

bunnies

Alpha Buck
My 2 live in a shed with run attached and they have been finding it a bit hard these last few days.

They have a great run that I bought but it doesn`t have a cover so can`t leave them unattended all day whilst at work, but I have the old run which does have a lid/cover but is`t as big.

Do I leave them in the old run with a lid or in their shed run. Am worried about them leaving them in the run whilst at work.

They do have frozen water bottles and sun brollies to keep them in the shade.

I'd go for the smaller run that's secure. At least they'd be safe and cooler than in the shed, and if they're anything like my bunny in this heat they'll just flop out so the size of the run shouldn't be an issue xx

I would think that as long as they have plenty of shade in the smaller run that would be the better option.... my lot barely move all day when it's hot.. other than to push the others away from the frozen bottles!! :lol:

isnt it dangerous to leave any rabbits in a unsecure or even an atached run if it is unsecure, foxes would still come out in this weather if they were hungry wouldnt they

I put mine all out today in the runs at 6am :shock:
Im out all day today
but ive covered the whole of the runs to make full shade
neil will come back to check on them at lunch time
Id go for the smallar secure run
i know my summerhouse gets really hot in this weather

Back