• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help, what's happened??

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I just went and moved Eddie and Elsa from their run on the grass to their hutch via the carrier. When I looked in the carrier after they'd be in there was lots of blood in it!!! I washed it out and the water was red! I've looked at both their feet and can't see any obvious injuries. I can't think what they could have hurt themselves on in the run :? There's a chimney pipe, a hide, a plastic flower pot and their carrier was there too :?
They are both ahppy enough... what could it be?? Would a hock injury be obvious? Should I look for anything else? These are still nervous buns and a bit unwilling to be picked up. I will if I have to though. I am still building up their confidence in me :(

Red pee often occurs for no reason, carrots seem to cause it, one of my buns often has red pee after we get a new bale of hay

Ah, I assume that must be it then! Panic over!! I thought it was so much for such a short time and then none in the hutch! Trust one of them to wait until they were in the carrier to do it :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Gem, I can relax now :lol:

Back