• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

space needed for french lops?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
How much space would 2 french lops need compared to average buns?

Do they need hutch/playhouse/shed? What sort of area- square feet would be appropriate?

thank you x

My contis are in 7ft x 4 and a half foot runs (I think, could be wider) and they're perfectly happy in them, but then they're not too active during the day (esp not in this heat!) in the morning and evening I give them a run around the garden for about half hour each time to run off a bit of energy before bed. I assume they both get enough exercise as they're both not chubby and very happy (from what I can tell) If my garden were safer I'd let them out all day. I also try to bring them in the house when it's cooler so they have a change of scenery. Plenty of toys are a must as mine get bored very easily, most giants do. Frenchies are very sweet, you must be excited to be getting some!

thanks for your replies guys.

raven_guest said:
Frenchies are very sweet, you must be excited to be getting some!

Oh no, its not for me- i don't know anything about bigger rabbits so thought I'd better ask RU people!

My French Lop is a free range house rabbit too. He does have a 4ft square
indoor cage to contain his water bottle and litter tray etc. and he does choose to go in there to sleep. He also has an 8ft x4ft run in the garden.

My French lop X & New Zealand white have their own room. When I'm in they have free range in the house

A few days ago i actually saw an ad for someone selling a french lop with a 4 foot hutch. I can't find it now though :(

Back