• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg i have a toothless bunny

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
Casper god bless him had all his incisors removed today :shock: bless his cotton socks, hopefully they wont grow back and this will be plain sailing for him from now on cant believev how long they are :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

then he will be looking for a lovin home!

please wish him a comfortable recovery!

Awwwww bless him. I am sure he will feel much better without pesky incisors that grow all wonky. Healing vibes being sent......

:D :D

Janex

bunnylove said:
HS said:
I'm sure he'll be fine! Squidgy doesn't seem to miss his :D

thanks helen! the vet was saying i need to grate EVERYthing but how do you grate brocolli? :? :oops:
I just pull the head off the brocilil and crumble it up
Alfie eats it easlily then :wink:

Spacegirl said:
I think we need to see more pictures!

just feed sixty rabbits and have been to the vets practically all day, i am hot an bothered 2nite but will get some piccys tommorrow i promise! :D

bunnylove said:
HS said:

thanks helen! the vet was saying i need to grate EVERYthing but how do you grate brocolli? :? :oops:

:lol: :lol: cumbling it up does do the trick! However, he's had his out 4 years, and the gums have hardened up. It's amazing what he can manage when he's determined enough :roll:

HS said:
bunnylove said:
HS said:

:lol: :lol: cumbling it up does do the trick! However, he's had his out 4 years, and the gums have hardened up. It's amazing what he can manage when he's determined enough :roll:

my vet said to be terribly careful as he has seen quite a few chock on veg as it gets wedged at the top of their mouths

:shock: Oh no! I'll make sure I don't leave anything lying around that Squidgy can steal then.
Using a potato peeler and peeling strips of carrot works well - he likes his carrot strips, and cutting greens into strips as well. Obvioiusly when Casper's feeling a little better as he's probably a little sore at the moment.
We find chopping hay up works too, as the Squidgy tries to eat the long bits, but can't quite manage.

HS said:
:shock: Oh no! I'll make sure I don't leave anything lying around that Squidgy can steal then.
Using a potato peeler and peeling strips of carrot works well - he likes his carrot strips, and cutting greens into strips as well. Obvioiusly when Casper's feeling a little better as he's probably a little sore at the moment.
We find chopping hay up works too, as the Squidgy tries to eat the long bits, but can't quite manage.

he has no problems scoffing at the moment, i thought i was in for a night of sringing at least but he got straigh in his cage and started munching on his pellets! :shock:

Ahhh. My dwarf lop, Bob, has no incisors and he's just fine. He's a rescue bun and I think they'd been left to go nasty. :evil: Quite frankly, he scoffs his dry food up with no problem at all :lol: and as for veggies, I just cut them into strips and he sucks them in like spaghetti! :lol: (As you can tell, his eating manners leave a little to be desired!). They cause him no problems at all.
Helen x

Back