• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Runs...

Veronica

Mama Doe
I'm in the process of building some new rabbit runs. They have to be collapsable, so they can be flat packed over night and stored in the smaller shed.

I came across this design today...and bought it because I think it's fab!

It's collapsable, fully enclosed, and has shelter from the sun and the odd rain shower.

I'm thinking of using this as a template for mine...but making small adjustments of better security, larger, and perhaps roofing felt on the sheltered areas.

I think it's a fab run though :D I hope my attempts turn out as good!!

Picture284.jpg

Picture283.jpg

Does look quite secure.

I'm fighting with myself over a run at the minute. - Means I wouldn't have to supervise them in the garden (handy), but i feel claustrophobic when i look at them, - although I suppose, I don't have to live in it!! :D

Angie65 said:
Does look quite secure.

I'm fighting with myself over a run at the minute. - Means I wouldn't have to supervise them in the garden (handy), but i feel claustrophobic when i look at them, - although I suppose, I don't have to live in it!! :D

Well I can see what you're saying Angie, but I thought if I were to make them bigger...using the same design...then the open area would be larger/more open....then with the enclosed ends for shelter.

This run is roughly 4ftx3ft...so if I were to make 6ftx3ft or even 7ft, I reckon they'd be ace :D 8) :lol:

I've got that run and it is very small, and not high enough. I'm making a bigger one and using instructions on www.bunnyhugger.co.uk - I'm going to make one end enclosed and covered and attach the other end to a shed. The wood from a woodyard cost £22 but the mesh is expensive at £21 a roll from B&Q. Bits to finish cost approx £10. Still a lot cheaper than buying a large run though.

beckiboo186 said:
Ooh If you could make that bigger it would be ace. As its a folding down one, is it sturdy? :? Xx

You secure it together with 4 screws, so it's very study. To fold it down you need to remove the screws xx

Back