• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escape artist!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Beware people with PWS runs! Gismo and Lucky were out yesterday in the run and when I went out to check on them, Lucky was gone! :shock: No idea how she got out - I have the panels long way up so I wouldn't have expected them to jump out. I wonder if she pulled it up and got underneath :? I was SO worried - the garden is NOT escape proof and she is a bit of a Houdini! Anyway, I took out the bucket of pellets and shook it and, sure enough, she appeared out of a hedge - thank goodness for greedy bunny appetites :lol: She is really tame and easy to handle so it was no problem picking her up then. Although it scared the life out of me it was nice seeing her enjoying the run of the garden! Hopefully one day we will be able to have a safe garden where they can have a bit of freedom.

:shock: Glad you got her back! Could she have jumped over it? I guess if it's not pegged down it's more than possible she could have forced her way underneath too :?

I had a PWS escapee a while ago too, little Santa in her snuffly episode had lost weight, and actually managed to squeeze herself through the bars :shock: So also beware to PWS owners who have ickle bunnies! Mine is now covered in a finer mesh to prevent a recurrence :no:

OMG I had almost exactly the same thing happen with Maisie today. I use one panel across the patio door to keep it open but not let them out. I was upstairs for about an hour or so, when I went back down, Taz was there but no Maisie :shock: I think she had forced her way round the side even though it was secure (I thought :roll: ) either that or she jumped over..not sure which. She was nowhere to be found in our garden. Anyway, I went around all the neighbours, searched garderns etc, NO MAISIE anywhere :cry: :cry: :cry: Luckily about an hour later she turned up, sitting calmly under the patio table, as if nothing had happened. She is now firmly in her cage, thats quite enough for one day I think!!!

Back