• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly - She's gone

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok Hazel was here yesterday to vacc 11 of the buns and whilst she was here i got her to have a look over Milly as she has lost alot of weight recently despite still eating ( oh where have we seen this before, Iris). Hazel had a good ol squish around and though she could feel something but hiugher up in her tum! Not down below! I have two options, have her scanned and then the possibilty of surgery of PTS, or have her operated on without the scan and see what Hazel finds?? I really don't knwo what to do, i could have the scan done but then she maystill need operating on and she is in my group of 5 so if she does need surgery then it may be a sturggle getting her back in! Oh what do i do!!

Hiya,

Possibly the scan is a good way to go first, it's none intusive and it will give you a better idea as to what you're dealing with. :D

SOAD said:
Hiya,

Possibly the scan is a good way to go first, it's none intusive and it will give you a better idea as to what you're dealing with. :D

Yeh this is what i was thinking Tree but im so worried all this will traunmatise Milly if she then has to be op'd on! Oh i think i will just have the scan done, although if she is the same as Iris was Hazel couldn't see anything on the scan and had to oen her up anyway.

awwww sorry to hear Milly has something wrong :(

you will do whats right i'm sure hun, you have to try something for her though rather than thinking of having her pts :)

BirdieBun said:
awwww sorry to hear Milly has something wrong :(

you will do whats right i'm sure hun, you have to try something for her though rather than thinking of having her pts :)

Oh no i would try everything first befoe we came to that carys i just prepare myself for the worst esp because Hazel did feel a lump

Awwwwwwww Phill im sorry to hear Milly is under the weather, I think I would go for the scan option first. :love: :love:

Awww what's involved in the scan? How far in is the lump, could she have an fna?

personally I would go for speying and then once she is opened up at least Hazel can actually have a look around and then she isn't going through 2 GA's.
You will make the right decision you always do. :wink:

Give Milly a snuggle from me

SOAD said:
Awww what's involved in the scan? How far in is the lump, could she have an fna?

Well for the scan she has to have a GA and be shaved, and the lump is kinda at the bottom of her ribs.

I'd go for a scan first Phil as it avoids a GA (I think they can be done when sedated), plus as well as the GA, abdominal surgery on bunnies can be a bit risky.

Thanks Nix, i think i am going to have her scanned first i don't want to open her up if i don't have to, im going to ring the vets this afternoon and see if i can drop her off in the morning.

Ok Milly's Scan is booked for tommorow morning, im dropping her off at 8.15am and hopfulyl Hazel will get her scanned before 2 pm. Oh im soo worried Please keep milly in your thoughts tommorow and i will update as and when

Phill she will be fine as it was me with the bad luck this month :wink:
give her a big snuggle from me and tell her I will see her in a few weeks

Scans don't require GA, and if a bunny is calm, not even a sedative might be necessary. My Pippa has had many scans and it was never a problem.

Milly isn't a calm bun and will have to have at least a sedative, i checked with the vet this morning and she should be able to do it with just the sedative but it depends on how worked up milly gets

Back