• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fan?

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Ok, so I have a fan going at the moment to try to keep things cool!! I have the fan set up outside of the bun's cages, but I know that I can't keep it pointed on them all the time.

My question is how long can they have the air blowing directly on them? Do you keep you fans on your buns, or just in the room??

Leah xx

Well, I put mine on a timer to go off and on and I have it oscillating so that it never just blows on them all the time it blows around the whole room...

Right now I am using a REALLLLY old fan :)roll:) so I dont think it has that lovely feature! I have been going in and out every hour or so to rotate the fan. Do you think this will do?

Leah xx

Maybe have it so it is blowing just over the top or at the side so it just moves the air a bit in the cage?

Hun, just point it at them but just make sure its set back a little from them, sophie sits right up to ours!!!

So long as there is somewhere that they can get to thats out of its 'blast' it should be OK - keep an eye on them - if you find they're trying to keep out of the airflow - then it is probably too high.

We have ours set up quite a distance away - you can still feel the airflow down at ground level - and Pash will sit there for hours if you let him.

Martin

I bought one of the dog crate ones and finally got round to getting batteries for it and out it on for her last night and again today!
Was the best investment ever... she loves it!

Snowflakes mummy said:
I bought one of the dog crate ones and finally got round to getting batteries for it and out it on for her last night and again today!

I have just bought one of those as well, unfortunatly they only had one left :( they are pretty good though :D

Snowflakes mummy said:

I was looking at them today in P@H, wish i'd bought one now :wink: :wink: :wink:

The fan is quite a distance away from them, and they do have space where they can get away from its full 'blast' :D

Poor Blaise looks soo hot!! Daisy is coping with it quite well though!

Leah xx

Back