• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polite Emailer required

I couldn' t so i didn't!

What a prat - why can't people like that just be put out of their misery.

How does this sound?

Hi,
I came across your advert and just wanted to inform you that 33,000 rabbits are dumped off throughout the UK and we have a severe rabbit population overload.

Also by breeding any male with any female you risk problems with the young, most commonly teeth problems, which one of my dutch does has. It is extremely risky.

I know it can be fun to have babies, but have you ever thought of spaying your female? Spaying is very beneficial to females in particular in terms of health, temperment and litter training.
An unspayed female is extrememly prone to womb cancer, and the majority over 3 years old have already got the start of it.

I know of someone who rescues and every female over 3 she has had spayed has had the start of it, some even younger, in short, spayed females DO live longer. It can also dramatically calm them down, making them more friendly.

It removes that sexual frustration and also by choosing not to breed you not contributing to severe rabbit overpopulation. Every rabbit that yours find a home for takes the place of one sitting in a rescue, homeless.

If you need any help finding a good, experienced vet that can spay, or have ANY questions on spaying, I'd be more than happy to help, I have had both my female dutch does spayed and know it can be worrying.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

my reply from him

i appreciate your concern however i am a registered breeder who has a
list
of new good homes waiting for my next litter. i have bred rabbits for
many
years and know my animals well,i only have 4 females at present and i
understand your reasons for your concerns however i assure you my
animals
are better treat than allot of rabbits out there,unlike many breeders i
dont
cull my elder stock or kittens that dont meet the standered and i only
breed
my females when i have people waiting who have been to my stud and have
been
vetted to make sure they want a furry friend,unfortunatly i only keep
one
buck at a time due to the fact they can get aggressive when they smell
each
other and my lovey chap passed away due to an illness,my particular doe
that
i would like mating enjoys being a mother,it is natural to her to breed
although it is only once a year to get her spayed now would only
confuse
her,iv tried it with does befor her and ended up with the poor rabbit
turning nasty and even killing there male neutered run mates
as i said thankyou for your concern and good luck persueing your animal
charity work but please think again befor e-mailing strangers befor
asking
the situation and laying down the law on animals that you dont know how
they
are or know the animals persanalities

steve
brc breeder

Does anyone else think that the buck that is not yet "ready" is the offspring of the doe that this breeder is looking for a new buck for? Does that make sense? :?

that guy sounds quite sensible until he gets to this bit

'i would like mating enjoys being a mother, to get her spayed now would only
confuse
her,iv tried it with does befor her and ended up with the poor rabbit
turning nasty and even killing there male neutered run mates'

haha he didn't even reply to me! :shock: :lol: :lol:

What an idiot! From that advert and his reply to you two I would never have guessed he was a brc breeder, but then again it doesn't take much to get that title! :evil:

He's removed the advert now!!

What a prat!!!

I lost my temper with one of those types of people I just wrote to him saying that "There are 33,000 rabbits in rescues every year in the UK...do we need any more breeders???????"

He replied, "There are X million people dying of AIDS in Africa...do we need to send them contraception?"

What a *****, I think we do send contraception to Afric, don't we????? :?

Back