• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding male with three females - can it be done

rock*

Mama Doe
Hello i have got a bonded group of three female bunnies. (None of them where related)and i bonded them all myself. All except one has been speyed(baby is too young yet)

There is a male rabbit which me and my husband would love to adopt from this site bit we only have a spare starter hutch n run which would be a bit too small after a while.

Is it possible to try to bond a male with three females or would there be rivalry amoungst the group.

advice much appreciated

As long as ALL the Buns are neutered then it is worth a go :)
There are people on here much more experienced (and BRAVE) with Bunny bonding than me :oops: so I am sure they'll have lots of advice for you :)

Janex

It definitely can be done. :) Main thing is to get all males involved in the bonding neutered, as they are from my experience the biggest culprits for causing problems in groups and do the bonding in an area that is neutral to all the Rabbits. :wink:

At the moment my groups consist of:

Eight bonded girls: 2 neutered/5 un-neutered.
Trio 2 boys and a girl all neutered.
Trio 2 girls and a boy all neutered.
Trio 2 boys neutered and 1 girl un-neutered.
Single neutered boy.
Single neutered girl.

I will add that all the un-neutered girls are going to be spayed in the next month or so after our wedding. I don’t wont any more stress then necessary before the 2nd of August thank-you very much! :lol:

Louise

ellepotter said:
At the moment my groups consist of:

Eight bonded girls: 2 neutered/5 un-neutered.
Trio 2 boys and a girl all neutered.
Trio 2 girls and a boy all neutered.
Trio 2 boys neutered and 1 girl un-neutered.
Single neutered boy.
Single neutered girl.

Louise

So all possible combinations then!!!

I have 2 bonded male/female pairs (all neutered except 1 female - too young at min)
A bonded 7 - 3 males, 4 females (all neutered) - I'm keeping quiet about this one at the min - I only did it yesterday......
A single male :? tried to get him in with the 7, but it's not happening. Think he's over-whelmed. Just gonna find him a nice girlie from my temp buns.

Back