• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not sure what to suuguest/whats gone wrong?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i had a call yesterday from a guy that rehomed one of my bunnys Ebony he said she has bunny neumonina (sp?) which resulted to having a scab on her chest :shock: :? having never experinced this i have no idea? anyone? what would have caused this?bad luck?

anyway they live in a very large pen on roof terrace with a friendly cat :eek:

well on friday the had a major fight but once it had finished they seems to avoid each other no more fighting, this has hapened every day now since they have one major fight a day and then are fine for the rest of that period, then last night it happened again and he has now split them.

i am on my own this week so said iw will try and get down early next but as it is a way away i cant do this week :cry:

what do you think has happened? they have been loved up since april :shock:

Eve x

Have not heard of Pneumonia CAUSING an external scab on the chest :?
Could the scab be the result of a previous fracas and the Pneumonia a seperate (secondary caused by stress) condition?
I suspect the fighting is cos Ebony has been/is under the weather and so has become anti-social and grumpy.
Personally I dont think having a cat around helps. Friendly or not Cats are predators, Bunnies are prey :shock: So Mr/Mrs Cat will only add to the stressful situation. I would not put the Buns together again. But I am a coward with bonding :oops: and maybe throw in the towel too soon :?
Not sure much of this helps really.....

Janex

Also, If they had a fight - This could have actually brought on the pnemonia. Loads of buns carry pnemonia, but sometimes it's never brought out, but if under stress, it can be. We think that Till using Charlies fur to build a nest (which stressed him out immensley) caused the pnemonia after reading up on it, and so does our vet. Hope this can get cured as it can lead to much more serious things :cry: Xx

EDIT: Sorry, Just re-read what i've put and it sounds very opinionated, Obviously dont know as much as Jane but thats just my experience and knowledge of it :oops: :oops:. Xx

beckiboo186 said:
Also, If they had a fight - This could have actually brought on the pnemonia. Loads of buns carry pnemonia, but sometimes it's never brought out, but if under stress, it can be. We think that Till using Charlies fur to build a nest (which stressed him out immensley) caused the pnemonia after reading up on it, and so does our vet. Hope this can get cured as it can lead to much more serious things :cry: Xx

EDIT: Sorry, Just re-read what i've put and it sounds very opinionated, Obviously dont know as much as Jane but thats just my experience and knowledge of it :oops: :oops:. Xx

You put it much better than me Becki!!
I often know what I mean but cant get the words out right :oops: :roll: :lol:

Janex

It is possible that they will become friends again, my two nearly killed each other when another bunny got too close to their territory :shock: they settled down a few days after the new bunny was taken out of their little world.
I'm not sure what could have caused the fighting in this case :? I'm not sure if bunnies do this, but I've seen rats attack a sick rat. Maybe the well bunny attacked the sick bunny because they could sense something was wrong :? it's never happened with my bunnies, they have always been very loving if one of them got sick, but They are all different. Or maybe something threttened their bond some how :? is it possible another bunny got within smelling distance?
In any case it will take a while for them to trust each other again as they remember fights. One of them wil have to back down before they can establish who's boss again.
I know nothing about the pnemonia, but I would think the scab was caused by the fighting, but that's just my opinion.

beckiboo186 said:

they started figting aparently after the pneumonia episode so i dont know :?

Back