• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

drinking bottles

i had a bottle for my rabbits and it was great it didnt leak, but now ive lost it and i need it for my rabbit. so i thought i will buy another, but i cant find anywhere that does them. it was kinda rectangular, with a lid thing on top so it could be refilled easily. the drinking bit was wierd, instead of a ball it had a bit in the middle that was pushed up to drink, but it made a better seal thatn the ball, hence the lack of drips.

so does anyone have any idea where i can get one from? i got it with a cage on ebay.

Mine all leak too!!!!! I have found if you attach them at an angel they dont drip so much :wink: :wink:

I know the type of bottle you mean but I can't think where I've seen them available :?

If you do attach 'standard' bottles at an angle, please do ensure that the spout always points 'upwards' though - if you put it at too much of an angle, the air can't get up the spout and the bun can't get any water out :cry:

whiskyscruffles said:
i had a bottle for my rabbits and it was great it didnt leak, but now ive lost it and i need it for my rabbit. so i thought i will buy another, but i cant find anywhere that does them. it was kinda rectangular, with a lid thing on top so it could be refilled easily. the drinking bit was wierd, instead of a ball it had a bit in the middle that was pushed up to drink, but it made a better seal thatn the ball, hence the lack of drips.

so does anyone have any idea where i can get one from? i got it with a cage on ebay.

I know where yu can get them from.... Pets at Home, seem to remember they were quite expensive.

I have a ferplast sippy and it is really good.Had it for about 8 months and it doesn,t leak at all :D

Becca said:
I have a ferplast sippy and it is really good.Had it for about 8 months and it doesn,t leak at all :D

Thank you!!!
That is good I'll be getting one tomorrow :wink: :wink: :wink:

My lot have got two bottles, one of these and a standard style one, and I find they actually prefer to drink out of the Sippy one. On the whole it doesn't leak and its much easier to clean that the round shape ones.

Sue&Sooty said:
My lot have got two bottles, one of these and a standard style one, and I find they actually prefer to drink out of the Sippy one. On the whole it doesn't leak and its much easier to clean that the round shape ones.

Thank you Sue I will give one a try :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ali said:
Sue&Sooty said:

The only down side I can think of is they're flippin noisy when then buns are drinking!! :lol: For some reason my lot all like to drink at the same time or one after the other so sometimes their 'drinking sessions' can last for 30mins!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Sue&Sooty said:
Ali said:
Sue&Sooty said:

The only down side I can think of is they're flippin noisy when then buns are drinking!! :lol: For some reason my lot all like to drink at the same time or one after the other so sometimes their 'drinking sessions' can last for 30mins!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOOoooo you guys read my mind! I was wondering what type of water bottle to get for my bun. Need to get one tomorrow so will keep an eye out for the sippy :)

Shiv

lol noise isnt a problem here, the rabbit lives outside (well not at the moment because its too hot, he's in the biggest guinea cage we've got, thank god its a smallish bun) the guineas are all in the porch, so we shut the door at night, cant hear them, theyre more noisy when the deer walks over our gravel drive, sets them off wheeping! i just hate when the bottles leak. someone suggested putting a brick under the bottle, soaks up the drips so no wet bedding, keeps claws short because its rough, but it gathers smells. i also worry about them running out of water when it drips.

Sue&Sooty said:
Ali said:
Sue&Sooty said:

I was just going to ask if they're noisy! I never seem to have a problem with the classic bottles dripping but they are SO rattly! My two don't share a cage and don't even LIKE each other but when one hears the other drinking they both have to do it at the same time. They can go on forever and it is SO noisy! :lol:

Back