• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Bed

Ali

Warren Veteran
I need to buy some vet bed, for Bella for when she comes home after she has been spayed.

Does anyone know where to buy it cheap, and how many bits do you think I will need? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you

Ali

I got mine off ebay but I'm sure I've heard someone on here say that Argos do it too.

I would think that a blanket would do just as well for her though.

Hope it all goes well for her

A local pet shop to us sells it on a roll so you can buy a small amount. Worth checking your local pet shops maybe?

Argos has stopped selling it now :(. Try ebay. I'd use it in her hutch too, its the best thing ive ever bought for the buns, makes my life so much easier :) xX

I've seen it at PAH, but I don't think it's particularly cheap. I got mine from Bunny Bazaar

It's a sort of fleecy bedding which is designed for animals, it's nice and warm, and best of all, it somehow draws wetness away so if a sick animal wees on it, the surface stays warm and dry. It's perfect for after things like spays as well, as it keeps the bun warm and dry, and is nice and soft on the wound unlike straw etc which could get stuck in it.

Vetbed is great stuff - I use it for my indoor piggies in the winter (it's far too warm for it now). It goes in the washing machine, but I hoover it first to stop it from clogging it up!

When I used vet bed for my 2 buns when they were spayed I only had one piece and I ended up having to use towels while I washed the vet bed.

How many pieces does everyone think would be needed to be able to rotate it while other pieces are in the wash?

Justine xx

It really depends on how good they are with their litter training. With mine, I've only had one piece but I've put their litter trays with torn up newspaper in the crate as well, and they have weed in that. If your buns are fairly good with that, you can probably get away with just one piece as it won't need washing as often - and when it does, it won't be as dirty so will only need a short wash, and it dries really quickly.

For my piggies I have 4 pieces - I use 2 together, then take them out and wash them, and put the other 2 in. I do them twice a week, so it just about allows enough time for getting them washed and dry for the next time without it being a huge rush.

Forgot to say, when my bunnies had been spayed I tried them on vetbed. They absolutely hated it! Clover kept turning it over so she could lay on the non fleecy side! :lol:

Thank you for all the replies :D :p :D

Ive found some on ebay and with the size of it I can get 4 pieces out of it, so I'll be able to have a couple clean while the other two are in the wash :wink: :wink: The size is 40inches by 60inches and it was £21.50 with courier postage, so roughly £5.50 a bit :D :D :D It should be with me on Tuesday :wink:

Thanks again

Alixxxxx

A few people on here will advise you to wash it in an old pillow case as the bits off it can sometimes block the filter in a washing machine.

jrn1310 said:
A few people on here will advise you to wash it in an old pillow case as the bits off it can sometimes block the filter in a washing machine.

OMG that is a brilliant idea. My washing machine is always fluffy after washing vet bed. :thumb: :thumb:

Justine xx

Back