• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best sort of bedding

What bedding do you indoor buns have?

• hay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • straw

• wood shavings

• blankets

• Total voters
Mine has news paper and hay only as he chucks it everywhere - he likes to use hay for everything - eating, sleeping pooping! :shock: :D

I have heard that it's best to avoid straw as it can easily poke your rabbit in the eye, being a lot tougher than hay.

When my bunny was out doors in his hutch he had shavings and haw. :)

Hope this helps

Mine have their hutch floor lined with newspaper and then hay in their bedroom area. I use woodshavings covered with hay in their littler tray. Oh and they also have some very scraggy looking bits of vet bed in their too.

Errrrrrrmmmmm cant really vote as mine have a combination of all on your list!! Although a few dont have rugs/blankets cos they eat them :roll:

Janex

Daisy has a rug and a litter tray lined with newspaper and hay. She likes to eat all the hay, drag the newspaper around and wee in the empty tray so I have to empty it a zillion times a day :lol: .

Fidget has woodshavings and a litter tray with newspaper and hay. She did have a rug and a towel but she liked to bunch them up and eat them and then would slide about on the bottom of her cage so she has shavings now!

Mine have lino tiles in their dog crate, but spend most of the time on an old piece of carpet on the kitchen floor :roll:

i ticked blankets but i use towels to line the cage floor they have a couple so they can be changed while others being washed in their litter tray i use hay as they eat and do their buisiness in there :lol: its just easier for me

lisa

Mine are on wood shavings with hay on top, but my Angoras are on woodshavings with plenty hay in the corner (they're a nightmare to keep clean otherwise, bless 'em)

I personally hate using wood shavings but thye're so much better than newspaper which sticks to the hutch floors and never comes off! Bunny pee is like glue!

George has vet bed in a cat bed, and carefresh in his litter tray. Most of the time he just sleeps stretched out on the bare floor of his indoor cage though, it's what he prefers :roll:

sparklefairy said:
mine sleep on my bed

I wish I could do that but my bedroom isn't bun proofed and I'm quite a restless sleeper (or try-to-sleep-er) so they'd probably get fed up with me fidgeting and go off somewhere else.

Back