• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Graze on

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just bought some of this from the farmshop they said its ok for rabbits and piggies they seem to like it its just dried grass is it ok for them?

Yes, it's just dried grass - none of my lot (rabbits or piggies) go for it for some reason.

The rule with my buns is the more it cost, the less chance they'll eat it! Buy them bales of ordinary hay, they love it, buy them special stuff for a treat that costs a huge amount, they look at you in disgust!

raven_guest said:
The rule with my buns is the more it cost, the less chance they'll eat it! Buy them bales of ordinary hay, they love it, buy them special stuff for a treat that costs a huge amount, they look at you in disgust!
This was quite good only £6 for a huge bale!

I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:

raven_guest said:

We do all buy bales of hay, we use dried grass aswell ;)

sgprescue said:
I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:

i mix ready grass, grass on which none of mine mind :? and timothy in a wheelie and they get a handful of that, i find it particularly good with dentals buns

Eve x

bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:

i mix ready grass, grass on which none of mine mind :? and timothy in a wheelie and they get a handful of that, i find it particularly good with dentals buns

Eve x

Mine will eat it, they just dont like it as much as the "Just grass" ;)

sgprescue said:
bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:

Eve x

Mine will eat it, they just dont like it as much as the "Just grass" ;)

mine must all be pigs cause they dont seem to show a preferance just head deep in the boul!

sgprescue said:
Does that come in a huge bag too?

bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:

Yes, almost the same size as a bale of ready grass. Cost me around £7 a bale.

sgprescue said:
bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:

Ive not had the reddigrass only graze on
Where do you get the just grass from?

bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:
bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:

I get it from a big pet store near me (not PAH). Its in the horse section. You will prob find your local supplier will be able to get it in even if they dont stock it. Its made by dodson and horell.

raven_guest said:

Mine too! My posh piggies are the absolute opposite. :lol:

sgprescue said:
bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:
bluebunny said:
sgprescue said:

I get it from a big pet store near me (not PAH). Its in the horse section. You will prob find your local supplier will be able to get it in even if they dont stock it. Its made by dodson and horell.
Ok thanks :wink:

I have tried mine on Graze on and even though they ate it - they were't very enthusiastic about it - is seems a bit like pine needles to me.
I have recently bought some from Jollyes to try - they also do the large bales but I thought I would try a bit first - they sell it loose - they love it.
It may be Just Grass, can't remember.

Back