PDA

View Full Version : Graze on

bluebunny
15-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Just bought some of this from the farmshop they said its ok for rabbits and piggies they seem to like it its just dried grass is it ok for them?

Jack's-Jane
15-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Yes, I have used it when I couldn't get any Readigrass. My lot wouldn't touch it though :roll:

Janex

bluebunny
15-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, I have used it when I couldn't get any Readigrass. My lot wouldn't touch it though :roll:

Janex
Oh all mine love it
rabbits and piggies :)

SarahP
15-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Yes, it's just dried grass - none of my lot (rabbits or piggies) go for it for some reason.

smokiemistyozzy
16-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I brought some of this yesterday, smokie loves it mistys not to keen.

raven_guest
16-07-2006, 02:33 PM
The rule with my buns is the more it cost, the less chance they'll eat it! Buy them bales of ordinary hay, they love it, buy them special stuff for a treat that costs a huge amount, they look at you in disgust!

bluebunny
16-07-2006, 02:35 PM
The rule with my buns is the more it cost, the less chance they'll eat it! Buy them bales of ordinary hay, they love it, buy them special stuff for a treat that costs a huge amount, they look at you in disgust!
This was quite good only £6 for a huge bale!

sgprescue
16-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:

sgprescue
16-07-2006, 04:17 PM

We do all buy bales of hay, we use dried grass aswell ;)

bunnylove
16-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:

i mix ready grass, grass on which none of mine mind :? and timothy in a wheelie and they get a handful of that, i find it particularly good with dentals buns

Eve x

sgprescue
16-07-2006, 04:21 PM

i mix ready grass, grass on which none of mine mind :? and timothy in a wheelie and they get a handful of that, i find it particularly good with dentals buns

Eve x

Mine will eat it, they just dont like it as much as the "Just grass" ;)

bunnylove
16-07-2006, 04:22 PM

Eve x

Mine will eat it, they just dont like it as much as the "Just grass" ;)

mine must all be pigs cause they dont seem to show a preferance just head deep in the boul!

bluebunny
16-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:Does that come in a huge bag too?

sgprescue
16-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I usually buy graze on as a last resort because out of all the dried grasses its the one they seem to like the least :roll: . These days I use dodson and horrell Just grass, its a combination of timothy grass and rye grass and find they like it better than ready grass :thumb:Does that come in a huge bag too?

Yes, almost the same size as a bale of ready grass. Cost me around £7 a bale.

bluebunny
16-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Ive not had the reddigrass only graze on
Where do you get the just grass from?

sgprescue
16-07-2006, 05:20 PM

I get it from a big pet store near me (not PAH). Its in the horse section. You will prob find your local supplier will be able to get it in even if they dont stock it. Its made by dodson and horell.

SarahP
16-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Mine too! My posh piggies are the absolute opposite. :lol:

bluebunny
16-07-2006, 05:57 PM

I get it from a big pet store near me (not PAH). Its in the horse section. You will prob find your local supplier will be able to get it in even if they dont stock it. Its made by dodson and horell.
Ok thanks :wink:

Towsbuns
17-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I have tried mine on Graze on and even though they ate it - they were't very enthusiastic about it - is seems a bit like pine needles to me.
I have recently bought some from Jollyes to try - they also do the large bales but I thought I would try a bit first - they sell it loose - they love it.
It may be Just Grass, can't remember.

anon101
17-07-2006, 12:22 PM
I use the Just Grass.

Louise