• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The best and worst things about having bunnies???

jay

Mama Doe
What do you like best and least about having bunnies....here are mine

Best

1. Bunny cuddles - when Jack jumps on me for a cuddle and then just nods off cos it shows total trust and love!
1 (joint). Milly progressing to being a lovely, if slightly stroppy, bunny from the nervous, shy and scared bunny she was.
3. When they run round playing at top speed and skid into things....

...I could go on to about 100 things but those are my top 3!!!

Worst

1. Bunnies getting sick and going to the bridge - I have lost 4 very loved bunnies in the last fifteen years and it will never get easier.
2. Vet bills - so high!
3. The day I found my bridge bunny Chole had spent the night chewing through the kitchen wall and had actually gone all the way to the cavity wall in a rented flat!! Off to my parents to live outside she went and she never forgot I had sent her away either. :(

The best things

1) They are so funny and cheeky! My girls always make me laugh! :lol:
2) Bunny kisses (not the actual licking ones but my own 'nose bumb' ones :oops: )
3) Always having somebody to play with or have a snuggle with!
4) Running around the garden and watch them copy me by doing binkies :oops: :lol:

Worst things
1) When they get ill and having to nurse them back to health
2) Being frozen and wet sitting in a pile of mud in the middle of winter keeping an eye on them while they enjoy themselves! :lol:
3) Nail clipping, I'm always worried about cutting the quick! :?

:D :D :D

Best-
1. The love, snuggles, loyalty, and companionship they give :D
2. Their happy-go-lucky spirits, they dont have many worries :D
3. Their ability to sleep ANYWHERE at ANYTIME :lol:

Worst-
1. When they are in a bad mood-you better watch out! :shock: :lol:
2. BONDING :evil: :evil: :evil:
3. When they get ill, it goes downhill so fast. You always have to be prepared and ready for anything to happen.

Thats all-not much bad about them :D

BEST:

1) When a biting bun licks you. Chocolate, my rex, used to hate me - i was scratched, bitten & eyed distrustfully. Now she stands under my feet, eats out of my hand & I get groomed :D
2) A bun who loves nose rubs. Fiver, my temporary deaf bun, & Rosie,Flint & Alex all love getting nose rubs. If I stop they nudge my hand - they lay there with eyes half shut :D
3) When a bun, you KNOW has been treated badly, accepts you instantly. I saw the state Alex (free ad bun) was in when I picked him up. He had blood on his paws from seriously-overgrown nails & mites. He hadn't been out of his hutch in 6 months, & it was filthy. As SOON as I got him home, he laid out next to me & groomed me when i brushed him. Totally no grudge against the human race - although he had every right to.
4) Binkying. Love it :D

WORST
1) Abscesses. I was worried sick with Flint
2) Badly built hutches - that's how I lost Caramel :(
3) Getting scratched. Seriously OW!!!
4) Vets bills. OW AGAIN!!

BEST

Watching happy bunnies binky round the garden

Bunnies sharing the couch with me

Watching them be content with each other

WORST

(again) Vets

Bunny fall outs at 5 in the morning

Chewed carpet/bed/having to bunnyproof everything

Best
(no particular order)

1) Watching them go totally hyper... running, binkying, smacking into things when they go too fast... :lol: :lol:
2) You can talk to them for hours and they'll listen
3) When they snuggle with you
4) Watching bonded buns just sitting together and grooming each other
5) The endless love they give to you... I love seeing how excited my buns are when I go out to see them, running around and putting their front paws on the hutch wire!

... could go on forever!! :lol:

Worst

1) Vet bills!!
2) When they are ill pass to the bridge :cry: And the fact they hide illnesses so well.
3) When they decide to poop in random places even if they are litter trained!
4) Too much humping sometimes :shock:
5) Getting sratched... those claws hurt!

Nothing else really :D

I'm a very new bunny mummy, so haven't really had too many down sides yet, but my 3 best and worse things so far are:
The Best
1) Discovering that bunnies are so loving and so much fun to have as part of the family.

2) when George hops around the house after me at my heel. :love:

3)How easy he was to litter train.

The worst
1) Pooing on my sofa (only on my sofa for some reason) :roll:
2) The nights when he suddenly decides to pull a loop out of the carpet
3) Making me feel a nervous wreck now i have booked him in to be neutered.

1. i love the way they will snuggle up to your legs even though you have just woken them up at 2 in the morning because you cant sleep
2.they always make me laugh when i let them out first thing in the morning aa they race around, binkying left right and center. (especialy Jo...lop...daft ears when he runs :D )
3.they are the only people in my life who genuinly accept me for who i am.

the worst..
1. losing them.
2. being unable to explain why your are taking them to that nasty man who sticks them with needles..again..
3. the fact that almost everyone you meet thinks rabbits are unintelligant..(you...you..managed to litter train a rabbit!?....erm..no...they do that them selves)
then when you try to explain they think your completly mad. :?

Best:

1. Binkies!
2. The way they run towards me like mad things when I come in the room, makes me feel loved! :lol:
3. Bunny flops!
4. Being groomed by a rabbit
5. Discovering the personality and love of an animal that people seem to think of as inferior to "proper" pets like cats and dogs.

Worst:

1. Peeing on my bed!
2. Managing to chew even the most bunny-proofed wire
3. Having bales of hay all over my house :lol:
4. The way they drag the contents of their little trays as far as possible just to make everything smell and to annoy me :lol:
5. Clipping nails!

Best:

The way they jump up at the bars of their run looking for food
The fact that they are really clever animals - I love the fact that they remember and learn things
Bunny cuddles

Worst:

Vets bills
Stress of illness!
Cleaning out time!

Best 3:
1) cuddles
2) watching them snooze
3) binkies

Worst 3:
1) They won't poo where I want them to
2) Cutting Piper's claws (he gets very grumpy with me)
3) Worrying about them getting poorly etc.

It makes it all worthwhile for me when I see my groups of bonded Rabbits grooming each other or lying next to each other relaxing. :D :love:

The worst part for me is when you know you’ve got to make the awful decision to have one of your much loved Rabbits put to sleep. :cry: :cry:

Louise

best things:

when frank jumps on me and nudges me with his head when i'm trying to sleep :love:
watching him start to trust me...a few weeks ago he started letting me pick him up to put him in his cage instead of running away.
watching him fall asleep on top of his house instead of in it :lol:

worst things:

when he wees on me :shock: i never knew a rabbit could produce so much wee!
cleaning out his smelly cage.
the dog and rabbit don't get on very well so they cant be in the same room as each other :(

Back