• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling down

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I know I don't really mention it but its been a month since Esmerelda and Hann died now and I still can't stop thinking about what happened to them. I can't bear to mention it as I miss them so much and feel so terrible.

Every time I go out in the garden my stomach turns when I see their playhouse and I'm constantly worried about the foster bunns in the summerhouse, thinking of ways the fox could possibly get in, although it is secure.

it doesn't help that I had an arguement with my sister last night about her getting a parrot, during which she accused me of being wrong keeping rabbits, despite her knowing that I no longer have them.

Sometimes I truly can't believe it has happened, I will miss them always.

Oh Mandy!, this has brought tears to my eyes, I know you are feeling bad but time is a great healer, you will never ever forget, but they both knew that you loved them very much, try not to beat yourself up Esmerelda and Hann wouldn't want that.

I wish I could make it better for you

XX

I'm not very good with words so sending you a big hug instead

big_hug.gif

Shell xxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a down day,it's going to happen so allow yourself to grieve.I can only imagine the pain you (and others who have lost bunnies) must be feeling :( I get upset just reading about your pain so heaven knows how you're feeling.sending a big hug to you.

Mandy I can really empathise. You may know I lost Ronan to a Fox that came INTO MY HOUSE a couple of years ago :cry: Even now I get 'flashbacks' of the horrific sight and of hearing his brother, my beloved Jack scream in terror :cry: :cry:
I wont say 'it get easier with time' as I am not sure it does. I think you just find ways of coping with the memory of such a terrible, heartbreaking incident.
All I can really do is send you hugs as I doubt there are any words that will help.

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh god you poor things Jane and Mandy. It's no one's fault when this happens, they are called sly for a reason, they are very clever and very resourceful, as soon as you think of a better way of fox proofing, they'll have figured out how to get past it.

I'm so sorry you feel bad today, nothing I can say will help, but go give your foster buns a cuddle, it might make you feel a bit better. I'll be thinking of you hun x

I'm so sorry you are feeling down Mandy. What a terrible thing to happen to you.

Wow Jane! the fox came in to your house!!!!! That must have been awful for you too.

Please don't feel down!

You will make up with your sister i'm sure, we all have rows - my brother thinks material things like cars/houses and going out are important-where-as i would rather never go out and have all our animals!

We are all here for you! :D

thank you everyone, you are all so lovely.
I think if they had died another way- eg) from illness i would have been equally upset, but it would have been easier to cope with. It upsets me also that the last memory I have of them is their dead bodies and I keep torturing myself thinking how and what time exactly it happened as I heard nothing.

I have decided to plants some flowers where their graves are so I will have an everlasting memory of my wonderful boy and girl.

I'm feeling very down right now too. It was two weeks ago that my beloved cat died. I still find his hairs attached to my clothes :cry: :cry:

Jack's-Jane said:
Mandy I can really empathise. You may know I lost Ronan to a Fox that came INTO MY HOUSE a couple of years ago :cry: Even now I get 'flashbacks' of the horrific sight and of hearing his brother, my beloved Jack scream in terror :cry: :cry:
I wont say 'it get easier with time' as I am not sure it does. I think you just find ways of coping with the memory of such a terrible, heartbreaking incident.
All I can really do is send you hugs as I doubt there are any words that will help.

Janex

Jane that send a shiver down my spine - the idea of a fox comming in and hearing your bunny scream in terror .... you've said that before but its just made me feel really emotional.

Mandy - sending big hugs to you. Why don't you hunt out some lovely pictures of them and get some nice frames and have them somewhere you will see them lots, that way you will start thinking of them from the pictures, not from you last memory.

Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

It came in your house oh **** now you have me scared that is one of the reasons i have Twinkle indoors as i have so many foxes near where i live they have killed many of my dads chickens and attacked the cat ripped her throat so that milk was coming out when she drank she was lucky to survive do you think they would dare come indoors with a dog in the house

jay said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Jane that send a shiver down my spine - the idea of a fox comming in and hearing your bunny scream in terror .... you've said that before but its just made me feel really emotional.

Mandy - sending big hugs to you. Why don't you hunt out some lovely pictures of them and get some nice frames and have them somewhere you will see them lots, that way you will start thinking of them from the pictures, not from you last memory.

Thanks Jay, I will do that x

Back