• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puddy Tats and Bunnies

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Just a quick query really. B/f put our rabbit hutch and run combo up yesterday just to see how it goes together before we alter it. Since then 2 of next doors cats have been sniffing around it and jumping on the run. They're always in our garden and I think they find it to be part of their territory. They're lovely cats and I think they're so comfortable with being in our garden because the last tenants used to invite them into the house and give them tit bits. Found one in my kitchen this evening and then he scarpered :lol: I have nothing against cats but I am wondering what their reaction will be once Zion moves in. :lol:

Any advice much appreciated. :)

Shiv

If your hutch and run is secure I wouldn't worry.
Cats pick up on us shouting get away, and will only think there must be something intresting in there and keep coming back.
If you let the cats see whats going on and it's not much intresting then they will have a lokk and thats it.

But please make sure there housing is very secure.

I think a lot of cats are afraid of rabbits.

With all of our cats, they were afraid of them and would run away if they went too close. When they got used to them and realised that the rabbits wern't going to hurt them they calmed down and now there are no problems. They even play and lie in the garden together.

My neighbours cat was also afraid and i let him come into the garden to see them and that cat is also now not bothered. They all get along fine.

Though not all cats are the same and there will be times when you find that they just don't get along.

I would make sure that you have a secure run and see how it goes with the cat. It will probably get used to them being there and then take less notice of them.

Justine xx

Excellent - I thought that may be the case but I just wanted to make sure. Run is covered and will be anchored down but will be letting bunny in the garden sometimes. I will let them get used to eachother between the run bars and then if they see eachother in the garden I am sure they will be fine. If they're frightened of me they are more than likely to be scared of bunnies.......ok ok maybe not :lol: :p

My cat loves going in our empty hutch, he always just sits there and cleans himself. :roll: However he is scared of my two rabbits and stays away from them. I'd say as long as the hutch and run are secure you'll be fine. :D

My Marmalade beat the next door neighbours cat up once.
The neighbour came round and had a rant and rave at me. SO I told her it was the cats fault for sticking its nose into the hutch.

Having said that the cats nose was pretty shreddied as a result of Marmy's attack.

Never had any cats in the garden since, the word must of got around the cat community that Marmy's a terror attack bunny, with a taste for cats noses :lol: :lol: .

Back