• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've lost my hay supplier!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Oh God im in deep doo doo!!! My hay supplier has stopped making hay!!!! I got my last two bales last month and i have been having to give it sparingly to the buns, im on my last section now. I have been trying to find another supplier of small bales but all the farms round here do the large round bales and i don't have room to store one of those. I have put the word out and the gentelman who gets me my A&P has said he will keep an ear out for me but nothing yet! What on earth am i going to do! I can't afford to buy the hay from shops or even online as i use to much hay! My supplier gave me a bale for £3 which was great what am i going to do! ?????

Can you not ring aroung the farms in your area and see if you can find one that makes and sells square bales? There must be one somewhere? Good luck :D

missshell said:
Can you not ring aroung the farms in your area and see if you can find one that makes and sells square bales? There must be one somewhere? Good luck :D

Nope tried that they all do the big bales the man i got my hay from wasthe only one who did small square ones :( :(

bunnylove said:
mavbe get a boggen and bag it up thats what i do! stick it in a dry shed!

Thats a good plan Eve! I dunno though wether i could fit that much in the shed! Even in bags! (My sheds only 6x4) Thats a back up plan though if i can't get sqaure ones!

Have you got any horse feed merchants or tack shops in your area? They may sell bales of hay.

I get my hay from West Wales Willows. Quite pricey but I cant lay my hands on any decent quality hay in my area and the WWW hay is brilliant stuff so its worth it.

Louise

Yeh the store i get my A&P from are farm/horse suppliers but they don't do hay do you have a link for WWW Louise??

bunnylove said:
mavbe get a boggen and bag it up thats what i do! stick it in a dry shed!
That's what I have to do with a bale of hay. It all gets bagged up and stuck up in the loft and then taken down bag by bag as I need it.

I used to order from WWW and the hay is lovely, but with 8 bunsters it is just not viable!

Vera

God WWW Is expensive i def wont be able to afford that for 26 bunsters! I may just have to bag a big bales and find somewhere to store it!

Phill said:
God WWW Is expensive i def wont be able to afford that for 26 bunsters! I may just have to bag a big bales and find somewhere to store it!

how long does it take you to use it with 26?

i have about 60 buns here now and i am getting through 4 square bales a week :shock: how many bales are in a circle one?

bunnylove said:
Phill said:

i have about 60 buns here now and i am getting through 4 square bales a week :shock: how many bales are in a circle one?

I use approx half a bale a week in summer as i only use it as food not bedding in winter it's about 2 bales a week as i use it as bedding then as well. It would take me a long time to get through a large round bale, it's not the using it though thats the prob eve it's the storing it.

Phill said:
bunnylove said:
Phill said:

I use approx half a bale a week in summer as i only use it as food not bedding in winter it's about 2 bales a week as i use it as bedding then as well. It would take me a long time to get through a large round bale, it's not the using it though thats the prob eve it's the storing it.

you use it for bedding :shock: didnt thing tthere were any insulation in hay :?

Ali said:
I hope you are able to sort a supplier out soon Phill :wink:

Cheers hun, me too, i suspect i may have to go get a large bale and try and store it somewhere, i wonder how happy ali would be about having a spare room full of hay! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back