PDA

View Full Version : I've lost my hay supplier!!!

Phill
13-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh God im in deep doo doo!!! My hay supplier has stopped making hay!!!! I got my last two bales last month and i have been having to give it sparingly to the buns, im on my last section now. I have been trying to find another supplier of small bales but all the farms round here do the large round bales and i don't have room to store one of those. I have put the word out and the gentelman who gets me my A&P has said he will keep an ear out for me but nothing yet! What on earth am i going to do! I can't afford to buy the hay from shops or even online as i use to much hay! My supplier gave me a bale for £3 which was great what am i going to do! ?????

missshell
13-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Can you not ring aroung the farms in your area and see if you can find one that makes and sells square bales? There must be one somewhere? Good luck :D

Phill
13-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Can you not ring aroung the farms in your area and see if you can find one that makes and sells square bales? There must be one somewhere? Good luck :D

Nope tried that they all do the big bales the man i got my hay from wasthe only one who did small square ones :( :(

bunnylove
13-07-2006, 12:44 PM
mavbe get a biggen and bag it up thats what i do! stick it in a dry shed!

Phill
13-07-2006, 12:48 PM
mavbe get a boggen and bag it up thats what i do! stick it in a dry shed!

Thats a good plan Eve! I dunno though wether i could fit that much in the shed! Even in bags! (My sheds only 6x4) Thats a back up plan though if i can't get sqaure ones!

anon101
13-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Have you got any horse feed merchants or tack shops in your area? They may sell bales of hay.

I get my hay from West Wales Willows. Quite pricey but I cant lay my hands on any decent quality hay in my area and the WWW hay is brilliant stuff so its worth it.

Louise

Phill
13-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeh the store i get my A&P from are farm/horse suppliers but they don't do hay do you have a link for WWW Louise??

anon101
13-07-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.westwaleswillows.co.uk/timprices.html

Must admit my bank balance gives an almighty shudder every time I place an order! :lol:

Louise

LurcherGirl
13-07-2006, 01:14 PM
mavbe get a boggen and bag it up thats what i do! stick it in a dry shed!
That's what I have to do with a bale of hay. It all gets bagged up and stuck up in the loft and then taken down bag by bag as I need it.

I used to order from WWW and the hay is lovely, but with 8 bunsters it is just not viable!

Vera

Phill
13-07-2006, 01:25 PM
God WWW Is expensive i def wont be able to afford that for 26 bunsters! I may just have to bag a big bales and find somewhere to store it!

kayj
13-07-2006, 02:10 PM
store it in the kennels at your mums :lol: :lol:

Phill
13-07-2006, 02:17 PM
store it in the kennels at your mums :lol: :lol:

Can't the house is up for Sale!

bunnylove
13-07-2006, 02:26 PM
God WWW Is expensive i def wont be able to afford that for 26 bunsters! I may just have to bag a big bales and find somewhere to store it!

how long does it take you to use it with 26?

i have about 60 buns here now and i am getting through 4 square bales a week :shock: how many bales are in a circle one?

Phill
13-07-2006, 02:28 PM

i have about 60 buns here now and i am getting through 4 square bales a week :shock: how many bales are in a circle one?

I use approx half a bale a week in summer as i only use it as food not bedding in winter it's about 2 bales a week as i use it as bedding then as well. It would take me a long time to get through a large round bale, it's not the using it though thats the prob eve it's the storing it.

bunnylove
13-07-2006, 02:30 PM

I use approx half a bale a week in summer as i only use it as food not bedding in winter it's about 2 bales a week as i use it as bedding then as well. It would take me a long time to get through a large round bale, it's not the using it though thats the prob eve it's the storing it.

you use it for bedding :shock: didnt thing tthere were any insulation in hay :?

Phill
13-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I mix the hay with the shredded paper i have it makes lovely warm nests.

Nix
13-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Have you tried the hay experts?
www.thehayexperts.co.uk

Phill
13-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Nope i shall have a look thanks Nix!

Ali
13-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I hope you are able to sort a supplier out soon Phill :wink:

Phill
13-07-2006, 03:24 PM

Cheers hun, me too, i suspect i may have to go get a large bale and try and store it somewhere, i wonder how happy ali would be about having a spare room full of hay! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ali
13-07-2006, 03:30 PM

Cheers hun, me too, i suspect i may have to go get a large bale and try and store it somewhere, i wonder how happy ali would be about having a spare room full of hay! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: