• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should i do?

KatieB

Warren Scout
A man has contacted me about adopting a bunny.

He openly admitted that he used to breed bunnys but hasn't got any of them anymore.

What should i do:

Home check, vet ref and meet him face to face.

But what else should i even consider letting him have a bunny as he has got rid of his last lot?

Help! And if i don't let him have one how do you say no?

Kt

How long ago did he breed? I certainly wouldn't rule him out, he may have given up and given them all away a long time ago and since had an epiphany on breeding, or at least no longer wants to do it but just misses having rabbits!

Katie I would check him out and get whoever he wants neutered with the money that we've raised. Tell him they're all neuterd and see what he does......then just get them neutered!!

Just don't let him have Twinkle.......

In an ideal world getting them neutered would be great.

Amber has been neutered today!

Will use the money raised to get whatever one he wants neutered!

thanks for the advice. :D

Surely even breeders [or ex breeders] can be good rabbit owners. I totally understand the moral problem with breeding but as long as the adopted rabbit is cared for properly and not used for breeding itself then I can't see the objection.

Firstly don't have a problem with breeders. The problem i have is that he got rid of all his buns. He apparantly had over 30 and got rid of them in a weekend.

There are some breeders here on the site and the way they treat ALL their buns is great so i wouldn't have a problem with one of them adopting one.

People often think -(wrongly) that all rescues are against breeders- we are not. I am against breeding purely for pet shops or showing a child responsibilty and then not being able to look after the buns.

God knows! :roll: I this is just what he told me- so could be more.

No thanks needed. To be quite honest it really pees me off that people have these misconceptions about breeders and rescues.

Back