• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT Can anyone take an earless rabbit? Home found :-)

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
It's on the free ads - I can get it tonight, but it needs to be able to go somewhere.... it's female

(I have a temp hutch I can use for DAYS only)

Aw, just saw that ad. :(

She's deaf as well isn't she?
Would you like me to speak to Kirkby Pet Welfare to see if they can take her?
If she can be got to notts I can try to get her there at the weekend (Don't have a car so rely on kindness of boyfriend or train)

Let me know if so x

It's too far away from me though I'd love a bunny, I dread the day I have my own place and can drive, I'll have loads of bunnies :lol: :lol:

mandy said:

If she can be got to notts I can try to get her there at the weekend (Don't have a car so rely on kindness of boyfriend or train)

Let me know if so x

Aren't they really full??? Don't want to put more pressure on Rescues - Have a bun run sorted for tonight for one of my Temp buns & temp GPigs, so pressure off a bit! :D

Her & other kit in litter were born that way - The lady who owns her, worked in a pet shop when buns came in, so she took one & her friend had the other (so not pts :D ) - she seems nice. Picking her up tonight. :D

I may be posting about special care requirements though now - for deaf buns!!!!!!

Angie65 said:
mandy said:

Let me know if so x

Aren't they really full??? Don't want to put more pressure on Rescues - Have a bun run sorted for tonight for one of my Temp buns & temp GPigs, so pressure off a bit! :D

Her & other kit in litter were born that way - The lady who owns her, worked in a pet shop when buns came in, so she took one & her friend had the other (so not pts :D ) - she seems nice. Picking her up tonight. :D

I may be posting about special care requirements though now - for deaf buns!!!!!!

glad this is sorted alsion will be your girl to seak to reguarding that angie :D :D

Angie65 said:

They always have ALOT of bunnies, but are doing ok rehoming at the mo.
Have PMed you :)

It's actually deaf? Is it white? I heard there was a connection between white dogs and deafness. Poor little thing. We expect photos! xxx

Nomad is deaf! It doesn't seem to bother him but there are a few things you need to watch out for and that a new owner will have to be aware of!

Depending on how scared she is, you will have to be very careful in the way you approach her, as if she has her back to you or her eyes closed, she won't be able to see you coming and it could make her very scared if you suddenly appear looming over her! I try and make some vibration when I get near to Nomad to wake him up so he sees me before I get there :lol:

Also the new owner in particular will have to be far more vigilant about hazards (not that they shouldn't be anyway of course!) but she will be much less aware of hazards than a hearing bun. Obviously they won't be able to hear a fox/dog/cat/child approaching so if they don't see it for whatever reason, it could be too late for them to get themselves to safety or they could just be very scared if they suddenly wake up and discover a dog sniffing them, for example.

And of course the magic shout of "NO!!!" to stop them doing something naughty, like chewing tasty wires or your table legs, doesn't work, so extra vigilance in bunny proofing and safety-ing the house is necessary.

The only other thing (and this will probably vary from bun to bun) is that he doesn't really use his ears as part of his body language, so if this one is the same, it's probably better that they are rehomed with someone who has a good understanding of bunny body language and will be able to pick up on the much more subtle nuances of how he is feeling.

Hope that helps a bit :wink:

AlisonA said:
The only other thing (and this will probably vary from bun to bun) is that he doesn't really use his ears as part of his body language, so if this one is the same, it's probably better that they are rehomed with someone who has a good understanding of bunny body language and will be able to pick up on the much more subtle nuances of how he is feeling.

This one dont have any ears!! :wink: xXx

AlisonA said:
Depending on how scared she is, you will have to be very careful in the way you approach her, as if she has her back to you or her eyes closed, she won't be able to see you coming and it could make her very scared if you suddenly appear looming over her! I try and make some vibration when I get near to Nomad to wake him up so he sees me before I get there :lol: Check Lidl Offers 10 December 2020 on OffersTW.

I discovered this last night!!! Also, I hadn't realised how useful your voice is when calming a bun down. If I'm driving mine somewhere I talk to them loads. Completely pointless last night!!! I walk round to the front of her before I pick her up - she's a bit nervy though. Here's a pic:

6f843c3d.jpg

BUBBLES said:
has she found a home

No - just picked her up from Free ads last night (2 went, so I juggled) - there was actually 3 there (all single), available, but just got her cos of the ear-thing. She's called Lugsy - but gonna change that!!

I don't know what to do with her. If she goes to a Rescue, will she be one of those hard-to-homers?

I have mainly bonded groups or pairs & I think that might be too much for her being deaf & everything :(

I'm sure someone on here would have her!!

I would love to have her but I'm already getting my 5th bun next week and then I will be at full bunny capacity!! :(

Any idea how old she is?

maybe she will find a home quickly because of her uniqueness :D a lot of people fall for the ones who look a bit different or have a sad story. I really hope this girlie finds a lovely home.

Back