• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit noise

norrielian

Mama Doe
Hi
I was grooming Dillon last night as he is moulting really bad (which he normally doesn't like) and started to hear this noise - like grinding of teeth! When I stopped stroking him, he stopped.

Is this a good or bad noise? I was half grooming him and half tickling him so am not sure whether he was unhappy or not.

I've never heard him do it before?

Thanks
Lian x

It sounds like he was purring, which is a good noise. They also grind their teeth when they are in pain, but i think you would have known if he was hurting :) xx

beckiboo186 said:
It sounds like he was purring, which is a good noise. They also grind their teeth when they are in pain, but i think you would have known if he was hurting :) xx

I wonder if he was grinding his teeth because I was plucking clumps of fur out which he doesn't like? Maybe his skin is a little sensitive and it was hurting him! Oh dear, feel bad now :cry:

norrielian said:
beckiboo186 said:

I wonder if he was grinding his teeth because I was plucking clumps of fur out which he doesn't like? Maybe his skin is a little sensitive and it was hurting him! Oh dear, feel bad now :cry:

To be honest i doubt that, Im not entirely sure but i think they have to be in real serious pain to do this :?. Xx

I'm sure he was purring - They only growl in pain if the pain is really bad - like gut cramp and stuff. A healthy bun won't grind teeth unless he's happy! :wink:

Phew, thought for a second I was maybe hurting him. His fur is coming out in handfuls at the moment and I want to keep on top of it, especially with flystrike about!

Thanks for the advice.

He has probably made this noise for years, but I had him on a high table last night at ear height so that's probably why I heard it this time and not before.

Lian

Back