• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange Rabbit Behaviour at the Vets

mtoyah

Warren Scout
I took Twix for his VHD injection yesterday and he does this thing at the vets when he's on the table.

He sits there sniffs about then turns to me, stands on his hind legs and puts his paws on my chest and burries his head under my chin. He stands like this for ages whilst the vet fiddles around and i just stroke Twix's back......

I never coax him to do it, he just does! Does anyone els's rabbit do this or anything like it?

He normally isn't very keen on being held

Till Puts her paws on me at the vets, I think she wants me to pick her up. He is probabley doing it for reassurance, Bit like a baby snuggles up to Mum at the doctors :) xX

I've never had a rabbit do anything like that. But Skeebee (my dog) does hide her head betwen my arm and chest.

My buns do it at the vets! I love it as it's like "help me mummy, protect me" and when they show absolutely no love (unless we have food) it's very rewarding when they choose to come to us when they are stressed!!

Alberts latest trick is to jump to us! he missed last time and went straight over my shoulder and thankfully Rupert was there to catch him!!!! :roll:

Yep, previous buns have done this as well. One bun actually tried to jump onto my lap when I was crouching down.

Shame they can't/won't be as affectionate normally - as Melanie said , they only love you when you have food!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, both my bunnies will try to jump into my arms at the vets, and if they can't they'll burrow themselves into my coat! It is just because they are scared and want you to protect them from the nasty vet. :roll: :lol:

Yep!! all mine do this and I really love it, it's nice when they show affection and I think it's because they feel vunerable and want some reassurance :)

yep, mine do that too. it is lovely in one way cos you feel like they trust you to protect them, but then I hate that they obviously feel scared.

some of mine do it too. Mind you none of mine really bother about going to the vets, they don't seem to get to stressed about it

Yes mine do that. Think they want to get away from the vet!

Dillon also stomps his feet which is really funny! He also stomps in his box in the waiting room and everyone stares :lol:

Two of my rabbits that are usually not bothered with people (including me... :? :) ) always jump into my arms at the vets or at least cuddle into my chest... It is enough proof for me that they feel secure with me and I don't worry if for the rest of the time they look like they can't be bothered... :lol:

kayj said:
some of mine do it too. Mind you none of mine really bother about going to the vets, they don't seem to get to stressed about it

Charlie didnt mind either, but Till's eyes bulge outa her head. Shes a funny little thing, she sees a new person or goes a new place and her eyes are double the size - look too big for her head :shock:

Mine has no time for me at the vets, too busy investigating. He wants to sniff and lick everything. The vet is always amazed at how much he likes to investigate while other buns just hide in their boxes.

YES!!!!!! lol
she never did it on her first vets visit
but she has done it ever since.. I love it... when the very dishy vet has to try and examine her when shes sitting on my chest lol!

Yep Amy does it too bless her - all she wants to do is get away from the nasty vet and jump into my arms!! She is going for her myxi tonight so no doubt will be doing this!

My first Nethie Smokey used to jump onto my shoulder from the vets table!! Scared the vet something silly as she thought she was gonna fly straight over me!

Nicola

Snowflakes mummy said:
YES!!!!!! lol
she never did it on her first vets visit
but she has done it ever since.. I love it... when the very dishy vet has to try and examine her when shes sitting on my chest lol!

What are you like?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: xx

Back