• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clever idea for outside hide :)

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Due to my buns escaping from the run I have had to re think my set up... Now, unfortunately I have had to move the run on the grass so the buns can't just jump out the door of the permanent run into it and I have to transport them in the carrier. Anyhoo, I digress...
I needed a hide in the run on the grass as the buns can't just run into their hutch anymore... I don't have many spare pennies at the moment to buy a proper one so I went to Woolworths and bought a storeage box, turned it upside down and cut out a bit on the side so they can get into it. All for £4!!!! It will last ages until I get a proper one! :D

I did that, do you mean the platic ones? Just be careful as it will be like a greenhouse in the summer. My buns loved it, but I stopped using it this time of year as I don't have much shade in the garden (have to use my best duvet covers and sheets lol) so it was really hot inside it.
Cardboard boxes can be just as good as far as buns are concerned, I juts have trouble finding ones big enough for my contis!

Its not a plastic one, its wooden but its plastic coated... honestly its more to get them out of the wind than the sun, I live in Orkney :lol: :lol: Its never too warm here :lol: They're out in it usually late afternoon to early evening and by that time the area they are in is in the shade :)

I usually use an upturned dog bed - already has the hole. Our local tip has a salvage section and you can often get dog beds from there for about £1

Back