• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm struggling...please help...ONE MORE QUESTION (poll)

Should I split up the hutch, or bring Blaise up to my room?

• Split the hutch in half

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring Blaise up to your room

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
I just dont know what to do :cry: Right now I have mixed feelings of anger at myself, sadness, and frustration.

I am desperatly trying to make all 3 of the rabbits happy, while keeping myself happy too. Nothing is seeming to work.

Oliver is by far the best off. He is in my room, and gets the most attention of them all. He is spoiled to death by not only me, but my mum too. My dog doesn't mind him being in my room, and all works out well with him. Plus, he is the most amazingly tempered, and loving rabbtit I've ever seen.

Daisy doesn't have a 'set' home. I've been moving her around, trying to bond her with each rabbit, etc. since she arrived 1 year ago. I tried her with Blaise, that only worked for a short time and they lived in a hutch outside. THen they moved inside and she got very sick. While getting better, she separated from Blaise and was truly happy for a very short time. Then I decided it would be best to bond her with Oliver, and move her up to my room. I thought that she would get the attention she deserved and a real chance at my heart. I feel sooo guilty that she is somewhat the 'left out' one in the family :cry:
So currently she is in my room, but it isn't working out. I couldn't bond her with Oliver. Plus, she has the worst smell out of all of the buns, and keeps me awake all night. I've been so agitated and tired lately (due to lack of real sleep) and I can't function like this. My mum and I both decided that Daisy will have to move out of my room very soon.

Now Blaise, my cheeky bunster. He is who I have been neglecting. At the moment, he is in the downstairs room all by himself. Right now I am practically in tears because of how he is. He seems so lifeless, and he has lost his spunk. I just went down to water, feed, and visit with him and what I saw was horrid. Because of all that is going on with the other buns, I had neglected to clean him out fully, and there were flys around his cage (indoors). I broke down right then. I would never forgive myself if he had gotten flystrike because of me. Fourtunatly, he is fine and the flys were around his cage just because of a new air freshener that I am using. But that really opened my eyes :cry: :cry:

Now, the problem I am facing is where do Blaise and Daisy go? You guys have heard my complain countless times about how my grandfather comes in the summer, and uses the bunny room while he is here. So, last year the buns moved out into their hutch.
I just HATE them being in that hutch. I cannot be around them all the time, and if there were flys in my clean house, then what is stopping more flys from getting them in the hutch??

I will not get rid of any of my buns, that is just not an option.
And please understand that I do try my absolute best, and I am really having a hard time with this situation I am in. I just dont know what to do anymore. My rabbits are healthy, but they just may not be happy at the moment :? You guys know how devoted I am to them, and when ou see me upset like this you should understand that something is really not working out well.

I look at you guys, and you have everything together. You have *just* the right amount of rabbits, you have gotten them to bond happily, or when the dont bond you can handle it.

I just dont know what to do. Does anyone have any help? I'm just desperate right now :cry:

Sorry for the rant. I actually feel much better now. I'm off to think of a temporary solution for Daisy, because I cannot sleep with her one more night :roll: :lol:

Leah

Oh Leah, we know you're a great bunny mum and love your babies to bits.
I don't really have any suggestions I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll think of something. Give them all a cuddle and you'll feel better.

Thank you so much. Its just that I've been struggling with this since last summer. I promised myself I would think of a better solution before this summer, and here I am, a week before my grandfather comes, and I have nothing.

My only options are:

*Split the hutch in half, and give each rabbit a 4'x2' space :? :?

*Move Daisy in the hutch, and try Blaise upstairs.

*Switch Daisy and Blaise around every week so they each get a change
outside, and then in. (they shouldn't have to be moved so much
though :? )

Thats all i've got.

What really upsets me is when my mum talks to her friends/my family about by rabbits. She was talking to my aunt the other day about Blaise, and how he is living my himself. My mum and aunt both came to the agreement that I dont care for him as I should, and he would be better in a rescue :shock: That made me 100% mad and I even told my aunt "Why dont we just get rid of you?" I was angry, but did regret saying that because they both were both very mad at me :oops:

Anyways, I do hope I can figure this out.

Something that doens't help is my anxiety. When I get too stressed out, I get the worst anxiety attacks. I just feel like breaking down and crying :cry:

Sorry to rant....really.

I'm going to try to get through this. I know I am over reacting a bit.

*Forses a smile on her face* :D

leah

Hey Leah! Just to reassure you that we DON"T all have it all sorted! I am struggling at the moment with two house bunnies that are causing mathem with destruction and lack of litter training and I'm really not sure what I'm going to do to sort it out. Like you getting rid of a rabbit would never be an option but sometimes they can be REALLY hard work can't they?! I did get a bit confused with how many rabbits you have and who lives where! Don't feel bad about having one/some outside in as hutch. With the right set up it can work brlliantly. And don't feel guilt for not wanting the doe in your room. I'm sure with a bit of rearranging you will be able to sort something out that will suit you all. I'm afraid I'm too confused to give any more specific advice, but it is late :roll: :lol:

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry it is a bit confusing. I have moved them around so much, that I can't even get it strait.

Right now, as a temporary solution, I am going to put Daisy in the hutch for a night (so I can sleep!!) and bring Blaise up in her place. He needs some extra TLC, and if he is quiet, it may work out well.

I feel a bit better now, like I said, I was having an anxiety attack before :oops: :roll:

But, I still do need a solution sadly :cry:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. You two have made my day so far with your comfort and kind words :D :D

Leah

Charliesangel said:
My only options are:

If thats your only option at the moment then do it!

See how it works, as long as they both get time out of the cage, (I can't see you not letting them out :wink: ) they should be fine.

Maybe given time again, Daisy and Blaise will bond :?

Is there anyway you could bond all three and then have them living inside?

Charliesangel said:
She was talking to my aunt the other day about Blaise, and how he is living my himself. My mum and aunt both came to the agreement that I dont care for him as I should, and he would be better in a rescue :shock: That made me 100% mad

I'm not surprised you're mad, I would be too, even though you've admitted not giving Blaise quite as much attention as you could, he's getting a (opposite to Heaven) of a lot more than some other rabbits get and they survive.

There's NO way he would be better off in a rescue!

We don't all have it worked out, I'm having a nightmare finding someone to board a group of three for a month, when I go away :roll:

No one's going to shout at you for admitting you need help- its a lot more than some rabbits owners do.

Remember we're all here for you if you need us. Feel free to PM me if you wish :wink:

Keep your chin up :)

Thank you Gem ((Hugs)). This problem has been on my back for so long, it feels good to talk about it. I am always putting the thought into the back of my mind, or forgetting about it because I was ashamed. I was ashamed that my rabbits (except for Oliver the spoiled little brat :roll:) weren't getting the best life possible.

Daisy is now in the hutch. I made a very fast move, and am quite pleased with it so far. I know she doesn't love it out there, but she doesn't really like anything. She is such a difficult rabbit, she looks unhappy EVERYWHERE she is :roll:

Right now I am taking down Daisy's MONSTER sized cage in my room (that should take me at least an hour) and bringing up Blaise's smaller cage. I am praying that this will work, and Blaise will keep quiet and clean.

I know that we all struggle with the bunnies, and hearing all of your problems makes me feel better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leah

Gem said:
Charliesangel said:
My only options are:

If thats your only option at the moment then do it!

See how it works, as long as they both get time out of the cage, (I can't see you not letting them out :wink: ) they should be fine.

Maybe given time again, Daisy and Blaise will bond :?

Is there anyway you could bond all three and then have them living inside?

Sorry, will answer you questions now.

Bonding is no option. Aspen'n'Company and I have been working with all of my buns, trying differant solutions and matches, but none have worked :cry: We have tried all possible solutions:

*Blaise and Daisy
*Daisy and Oliver
*Oliver and Blaise
*Daisy, Blaise, and Oliver....this one went the worst :?

And which option were you refering too working the best? The splitting up the hutch?

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! You dont know how much help you are in keeping me calm :D

Leah

Putting Daisy out and Blaise in even if its only for a couple of nights while you get some rest :wink:

Maybe then you could think about splitting the cage and having Blaise and Daisy in one side each.

Its very possible that they may take another six months to re-bond- it took two of my males a year to discover they didn't hate each other anymore and they're now loved up in a threesome (my that sounds rude :oops: )

Aww Leah, Don't feel like this. It's so hard getting it 'right', and I can guarentee that your buns have a better home by faaaaaaar than so many millions of buns!! I'd try and give Blaise extra special attention at the moment, You dont want him falling out with you :). Little Daisy is just being her, She may look unhappy all the time, but you dont KNOW that she is, She may be in her ellement. Could you maybe buy another hutch and put Blaise and Daisy side by side in the garden over the summer, that way they have space and still company if they want it? Take Care hon, and dont get down. I used to cry loads that I wasnt giving Charlie and Till the best life I could, but then you think of other buns around you, next door even, and I just thought look at the difference. Also, My buns have never seemed unhappy, so i cant have been doing too badly. Which I am 110% sure applies to you too :wink: xXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I try to have each of my buns in my room every once in a while so they get some one to one time. They each get a run around the garden each morning, but I'm filling up bowls and sorting things out so don't give them as much attention as I'd like. The problem is some of them hate being in the room and some of them LOVE it. Xanti (conti) loves beign indoors, but I can't do anything while he's in the room as he gets into EVRYTHING and I have to constantly have an eye on him.
Whatever you do they'll always be something messing it up! Good luck with it.

This is what I think you should do.

Spilt the hutch, move Daisy and Blaise outside into the hutch. Is there anyway you could put a run outside the hutch for the daytime and have it so they can see and be near each other but not together? That way they may start to get used to each other again, they will have some company without you worrying about bonding them. Leave Oliver in your room as he sounds like he has found his place in the house! Daisy sounds like she needs some stability in her life so once outside leave her there, at least for the summer.

As for you - get some rest! Anxiety is exhausting and the best thing you can do is get lots of sleep and make sure you are getting some exercise even if it mean walking round the block. In fact how about running round the garden with the bunnies - esp Blaise if you are feeling you are neglecting him at the moment? You are feeling like this because you are exhausted - please look after yourself! You have to come first because if you get sick and exhausted then you won't be able to care for the bunnies.

Did you try to bond the three of them in your house?

If you did and it didn't work, is there anyone who can take them all for a short while to try and bond all three away from their terriority? Its more likely to work this way.

You may have already tried this, but just thought I'd ask.

Try to keep your chin up :D

Aww Leah I'm so sory your feeling like this! :( It's easy to see that all your bunnies have a great life with you!
I think the hutch idea could work well. On another forum I used to go too a girl had two boy rabbits kept side by side in hutches with a mesh window so they could see each other. You could do this with Daisy and Blaise so they could still see each other but wouldn't be able to fight. :?
I'm sure whatever you do will be best for your buns. :D Smile, I'm sure it'll turn out ok! :D

Thank you all!!! I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can!!

Did you try to bond the three of them in your house?

Yes, but in a new room each time (So it is not territorial of course :wink:) I've also done it outside in each of our runs, and then even on a lead. None of it worked :(

Is there anyway you could put a run outside the hutch for the daytime and have it so they can see and be near each other but not together?

We currently have 2 runs, side by side on another part of the garden. So yes, we can do that :D
The problem with them is they have lived side by side for almost a year. But still the bonding didn't work out any more :cry: Maybe they will fall in love in the honeymoon castle (AKA the hutch :wink:) and I will be fine :D

So right now Daisy is in the hutch by herself. What do you guys think, Bring Blaise in my room, or split up the hutch???

Leah

Ok, well I am going to be moving Blaise today....so I added a poll to see what you guys think. In my room or split the hutch with Daisy???

Leah

Which is easier for you?

Having them both outside or having Daisy outside and Blaise inside?

I voted for split the hutch, as then they may eventually bond, if they're together most of the time.

If it were me, I'd split the hutch and attach the run. Both buns would get company that way, and time to run about and space to exercise :D

Don't worry hun that you sometimes feel that you're not doing your best. It doesn't mean that you aren't! Infact it shows how much you think, care and love your buns to worry about them so much! :D

We all have our ups and downs and guilty pangs. Infact I posted recently about my worries over my bonded group of 6, and would they have enough space/exercise.
We all have these panic attacks from time to time. It's perfectly normal :D

I've got 13 rabbits and 5 piggies...and the only way I can run my 'little farm', is by keeping it like a miltary operation :lol: Everything is done in order and routine...and that way I enable myself to dedicate enough time to care for my lot :D
Like I say, we all have our stresses and worries from time to time, it's completely normal so don't worry! :D You're doing a fab job, clearly dedicated to your buns and love them to pieces :D I don't doubt that for a minute :D

Awww thank you all again ((Hugs))

I dont know if Blaise and Daisy will ever bond, but if I do split the hutch at least they will both get some company :D

I guess that is the easiest option too.....

Thank you all again. I've pretty much figured things out with your support and help :D
If I didn't have such a mean grandfather I would never be in this situation at all :roll: But thats another story... :x :lol:

Leah

Back