• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much???

Dobbin

Mama Doe
How much food in a day should Dobbin have? HE has grown quite a bit since we got him, only just over a week!! I obviously dont want to make him fat! Is it just that he is only about 9 weeks and he still has a lot of growing to do?

He has unlimited hay - bout 30 pellets a day, handful of fresh grass, 2 small treats and about 4 -5 sprigs of parsley - is this to much or not enough?

Sue
xx

It usually says on the back of food bags how much they recommend depending on the size and weight of the bun, or the breed. If yours doesn't say I'd say roughly about half a rabbit food bowl (the ceramic ones that say rabbit on them lol) for a lionhead sized rabbit. That's what mine were on and they sometimes didn't eat it all, if they were having a particularily hungry day I'd give them more. They were a good size and not at all chubby.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think I have read on here before that a rabbit up to the age of about 16 weeks should have unlimited pellets. Snowy had unlimited after I read that, and she was never fat.

Sorry if i'm wrong. Maybe someone else could give their opinions on this. :D :D :D

Justine xx

Back