• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

String?

kaskaskia

Alpha Buck
Hi,
I have been thinking about hanging toys in my buns run, to keep them entertained, ie tubes stuffed with hay etc, whats the best thing to use to hang things with that wont hurt them? And... where can I get it?

Sisal Rope is probably the best, not sure how easy it is to tie things to though :?

And I'm not sure where you can buy it either :? :roll:

I have some thin wire hanging from the roof of my run (well it is 5ft tall), with loads of stuff dangling down. Got my wire from an arts and crafts shop, perhaps a visit to one may give you some inspiration

You can by chain by the metre off the roll in most DIY stores. Just may sure the toy isn't something they can get caught up in :)

I use natural string, however my buns prefer the string to chew rather than the toys i attached :lol: :lol:

I think sisal rope is definitely the best as it doesn't hurt them to eat it, where as string made of rope or other things can cause a tummy blockage..

i would be very, very wary of using string. i've read of numerous instances where people have used it to hang a toy in thair birds cage for example, and later found thair beloved pet had been strangled by it or had become tangled resulting in servere injurys. i would never use even short lengths of rope to secure toys for my rabbits.
my personal choice would be chain.

Back