• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holes in garden?

The other week Jessica managed to escape into next doors garden (lucky they were in!).

She had managed to dig a hole under the fence - albeit there was a slight gap anyway. Now when we go away for the day we've have had to buy a new run that clips onto her hutch and put it on the patio for fear of her digging out! Anyway the crafty beggar remembers where the hole is so I've had to block it with plant pots for now.

I was going to put some soil in the gaps or maybe some chicken wire first and then put soil on top to fill in the small gaps under the fence. I'm just thinking that, that may look unsigthly and be dangerous what with wire sticking up out of the grass and maybe the strimer will catch it when I cut the grass?

Anyone got any advice of how to block the tiny gaps, or will she simply just dig the new soil I put on top?

I am lucky mines not a digger....
and she only escaped once and that wass through the only hole left in the garden...
I am praying boyfriend will be just like that to!
but we just use... heavy duty trellis along the existing fencing and it actually looks ok :)

I'd use bricks or something, mine always remember where they've dug so I have to find very heavy things to put over their holes.

Back