• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heard it all now

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
:cry: Wanted. Can anyone help me, I...
Household > Pets > Rabbits Placed: 6th Jul | Location: Tadworth (Map)
Wanted. Can anyone help me, I am a mother of three children, I'm loking for a continental or british giant rabbits, reason being is my children already have mini lop. One day my son wen't to his friend and his friend ask him if they can go to his other friend so they wen't. there he see some continental giants. So now he told his brother and his sister about the giants rabbits now they all want a giant rabbits. he said to his brother and sister that they are alot easier to hold and they are big. Can anyone help me please. i'm willing to pay some money for it, if it's cheap enough. Many thanks

[WANTED]
I do not accept Western Union, MoneyGram, overseas cashiers cheque or shipping with refunds.

Show all Freeads from Dhigoy69

Call me on 07013 137840
Evenings and Weekends
learn more Tell a Friend

They sure have.

Have had my little say to the stupid woman. I mean how thick can you be? I can't believe these people have children let alone animals?

Had a bloke call me up before asking advice about setting his rabbits free- i was so shocked - i tried to explain that a pet rabbit relies on you for food, shelter and water, before i got any further on my rant i asked him whereabouts he was so that i could find a rescue for him, he said he was dropping them off at the RSPCA wouldn't say where but he thought it might be kinder to let them go!

What would you have said- what points should i make in the future- to help me get the point across?

When I hear of anyone wanting a bunny I give them a sheet with this on.

Rabbits. The right pet for you?

Rabbits are difficult to look after. They need lots of space, and large homes that can be expensive to create. Before getting any pet, think very hard about whether you can provide everything it needs.

What do rabbits need?
· Companionship - to be with other rabbits or humans. The widespread practice of keeping rabbits and guinea pigs together is not recommended.
· A mixed diet of grass, rabbit pellets, apples, carrots, dandelions and a good quantity of hay.
· A constant supply of fresh, clean drinking water in a drip feed bottle with metal spout.
· A large weatherproof home (6 feet x 2 feet) off the ground, out of direct sunlight and strong winds. Move to an indoor area or porch in cold weather. Many homes sold in pet shops are too small.
· A separate covered sleeping area for each animal.
· A clean layer of wood shavings and plenty of hay or shredded paper for bedding.
· Daily supervised exercise in a large, safe grassy area.
· Rabbits burrow, so ensure the enclosure is sunk into the ground, escape-proof and safe from predators.
· Their home to be cleaned every day and bedding changed every 2 days.
· A gnawing block to wear down long teeth.
· To be brushed every day if they have a long coat.
· To be neutered at an early age. Ask your vet.
· Injections to prevent serious diseases.
· To be taken to a vet if they are ill or injured.
· To be looked after when you are on holiday.

Life span
Rabbits live for up to ten years.

PDSA estimates that a rabbit will need attention for about three hours a day. Look after your rabbit well, and it will reward you with hours of fun and companionship.

Behaviour
Rabbits still retain much of their natural behaviour, which makes them unsuited to life in captivity. In the wild, rabbits live in large social groups, and it is unkind to keep just one. Male and female rabbits can be kept together as long as they have been neutered. Females from the same litter can also be kept together, but will have fewer medical problems if they are neutered.

Handling
Approach the rabbit from the front. Lift the rabbit towards you and rest it against your body with its head towards your shoulder. Never pick up a rabbit by its ears or the scruff of its neck. Put a rabbit down slowly, hind legs first, on a non-slip surface.

Breeding
The RSPCA strongly advises that you do not breed from rabbits. There are hundreds of unwanted rabbits in rescue centres. Keep the sexes apart, although rabbits can be neutered to stop them producing unwanted young. Neutering is a straightforward operation that can be arranged with a vet. A female rabbit can have several litters a year, with as many as eight babies in each litter. Male neutering costs from £30, a female spade is a little more expensive but is advisable as many female rabbits get cancer of the uterus.

Health
Young rabbits should be vaccinated for myxomatosis and VHD annually, the cost is approx £15 per vaccination. Your vet can advise.

Rabbits should be checked regularly for overgrown claws and teeth - these can be trimmed by a vet.

Young rabbits may be affected by a highly infectious disease called coccidiosis. Symptoms include a yellow look, diarrhoea, dullness and loss of appetite. Keep the rabbit isolated and seek veterinary advice straight away.

All rabbits may suffer from the potentially fatal disease flystrike, caused by flies laying eggs in soiled fur. Make sure the rabbits' home is cleaned every day, the bedding changed regularly and the rabbit has a good quality high fibre diet. Groom them every day, checking their fur for dirt, especially under the tail.

Rabbits may suffer from parasites. Treatment is available from your vet.

If a rabbit is sneezing and has a discharge from its nose, it may have snuffles. This is highly infectious and could lead to pneumonia. Keep the rabbit isolated and seek veterinary advice straight away.

Children and rabbits.
Rabbits are ground-dwelling animals who become frightened when held and restrained. They liken being picked up to being captured by a predator – they are, after all, prey animals.
The result? Children lose interest and the bunny is left alone in a cage or abandoned.

Rabbits are at least a 10-year commitment. Will your child still be interested in 2, 3,4,10 years time?

Usually makes people think twice.
Rabswood

Back