• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people make me sick!!! (Sorry bit of a rant!!)

toffee

Mama Doe
I went to see a bunny called Michelle last night at my local rescue (I reserved her by the way, I'm taking Oliver and Wallace to meet her next week :D )

I was mortified when I heard her story - I know this happens all the time but I still can't help getting mad :evil: .

She came to Bradford from a rescue in Hull. Her previous owners took her to the vet asking her to be put down because she was "aggressive" :evil: . The vet, thankfully, phoned a rescue in Hull who sent her over to Bradford.

I held her for 10 minutes last night and so did my fella and she is the sweetest little thing :love: !! (My boyfriend got nipped but he always seems to get nipped no matter what bunny it is!! :lol: )

It makes me so mad that they were going to have her put down because of their lack of experience in handling her. Grrrr :evil:

I feel the same when I see Oliver hopping round my garden - "how could someone leave such a sweetie in a hutch for a year without giving him any attention??" :evil:

I really don't get it because I thought the reason that you get a pet is because you want to care for it?? Why do they want a pet if they don't want to care for it?? :evil:

I love cleaning out my rabbits and feeding them and watching them run round the house and garden!!! :D

Sorry, rant over :lol: . It just makes me so MAD!!! :evil:

I know how you feel!

One of my sweetest and oldest buns was locked in a cage for 2 and a half years and continually bred from, until she was finally threatened with being dumped in the woods :evil: :x

Needless to say she was taken on by me without even a thought as to whether I could keep her :? and is getting more affection as the days go by :D

This makes me so mad toooo...... I just cannot believe that people think rabbits are a disposable item.:lts of people think that about all pets....makes my blood boil.

GGGGRRRR!!! what gives mankind the right to think we are better than any other species and play god to who lives and who dies :x :x :x It's just wrong the way humans think that everything in this world belongs to us to do with that we will, even if it causes hurt and pain!!. The world doesn't belong to us, we belong to the world and should have more respect for life!!! :evil: :evil:
all of my animal friends were going to be PTS :( Gypsy was just a baby at 12 weeks and the stupid woman just got fed up with her and called her " ugly," for being " wild bun coloured," Storm was going to be disposed of by a breeder for being the runt :( and he was taking up space :x Chico was being drowned in a bucket of water by some braindead when I walked past and grabbed him :shock: GGGGRRRRRR!!!! :evil:

Muppets!!!! :evil:

How can anyone say a wild coloured bun is ugly???? :evil:
My Oliver looks wild (apart from he's 3 times the size of a wild bun and his ears are big) and he's sooooo beautiful!! :love:

I can't believe that people think that you can just kill an animal when you get fed up with it :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm fed up with these horrible people..... I know what I'd like to do!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I love cleaning out my rabbits
Hmmm, you can come round and do my lot then... 8) :lol: I honestly can't say I love cleaning out my animals; but it's part of the deal so it just gets done with the reward of lots of happy and healthy animals! :D

But of course I see your point and unfortunately it is true that people want something to cuddle, but don't think about the work it entails. Most of them would be better off buying a fluffy toy instead!

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
I love cleaning out my rabbits
Hmmm, you can come round and do my lot then... 8) :lol: I honestly can't say I love cleaning out my animals; but it's part of the deal so it just gets done with the reward of lots of happy and healthy animals! :D

But of course I see your point and unfortunately it is true that people want something to cuddle, but don't think about the work it entails. Most of them would be better off buying a fluffy toy instead!

Vera

I love cleaning them out because most of the time they try to help!! :lol: And I like to see the end result because when it's clean I can look and say to myself "My buns have a nice home!!" :oops: :lol:

OH MY GOD :shock: :evil:

i cannot believe that people treat their pets like this - it is so unbelievable.

Sue
xx

I just thank god toilets are small otherwise you know they'd try to flush them like they do when they get bored of their terrapins and fish (a girl I used to know's parents had hundreds of pounds worth of fish, the dad decided he couldn't be bothered cleaning them out so flushed them all. And there were over 20 of them.)

Back