• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought I was a Rescue not a Behavourist!!!!

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I had a call last night off a woman who as an aggressive bun and she can't cope with it anymore and wants to put it in a rescue for rehoming. She had her spade and this as made no difference so they got her a friend and it keeps attacking him.She then had the cheek to turn round and say I will bring Russell (the male) down in a month or so to see if after being with you she as tamed any and then I will take her back. :shock: :shock: I said you would have to adopt her and she said why, because she is my rabbit :? I said NO she will be my rabbit as you will have signed her over to me.
I have had a few calls in the last couple of weeks where people want to put their buns into rescue, and tell me what sort og homes they want the buns to go to. Why put them in rescue :shock: :?

kayj said:
I had a call last night off a woman who as an aggressive bun and she can't cope with it anymore and wants to put it in a rescue for rehoming. She had her spade and this as made no difference so they got her a friend and it keeps attacking him.She then had the cheek to turn round and say I will bring Russell (the male) down in a month or so to see if after being with you she as tamed any and then I will take her back. :shock: :shock: I said you would have to adopt her and she said why, because she is my rabbit :? I said NO she will be my rabbit as you will have signed her over to me.
I have had a few calls in the last couple of weeks where people want to put their buns into rescue, and tell me what sort og homes they want the buns to go to. Why put them in rescue :shock: :?

lol :lol: :lol: sorru kay pleople make me laff with there stupidity :roll: :roll: well i say laff if you dont you would KILL em :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

i get these flippin calls daily, i do think the best one is "i havent got time to clean all these hutches! normally one or two :roll: :roll: :roll: but the dont worry whether i have the time or NOT! :roll: :roll:

What a wonderful woman.......NOT :x :roll:

Surely once she's signed the bun over, she has no legal right to bun anyway?

Can't clean clean a few hutches-try being a rescue- stupid, stupid people!

The worst one i have had is were someone didn't want their buns because one was a aggressive, she signed them over, then a family came up, had refs etc did a home check but they wanted a week to make the run bigger- fine so i reserved them on the website. The lady who orginally owned them then emailed me asking where they were going maybe she could have them back, could she speak to them etc.

:evil:

How annoying! Trying to run a rescue not a nursey!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or you would :cry: :cry: :cry:

It made it worse as she took 10mins to tell me she wanted to put the bun into Rescue, we went all around the houses and back again, David's sister was here and her face was a picture as she could gather what this woman was asking and she said I don't know how you keep your cool, (she knows me :lol: :lol: )

:lol: i know what you mean!

Have you seen the lady of freeads- mother of 3 wants a giant bunny because they already have a lop and it isn't very friendly so they want a big one because her son told her they are easier to handle!

I have emailed her telling her what we have to go through each month with Sprouts visits to the vets for his joints, feet and teeth.

What gets me is what are going to do with the other bunny- leave it in a hutch i guess.

:evil:

That woman will probably put the other bun in a rescue (surprise, surprise)
This woman who phoned me last night wants to get a friend for the male who she is keeping :shock:

I once emailed someone off the free ads. Their bun had been on there for ages. In my email I said that I could just take him until a Rescue could re-home him, & i mentioned I had so many buns of my own.

I got a reply saying they were selling him cos he was aggressive towards their 3 year old, & did I want to do a straight swap with one of my "friendly buns" :shock: . I carefully explained that they were my pets & I wasn't in the habit of giving them away. Good job I was too surprised to shout!!! :lol:

I just love the general public :lol: :lol: and their excuses, It amazes me how stupid people can really be

I said this in a thread I posted earlier but I will say it time and time again:

MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was talking to someone at a friends bbq the other weekend, we got onto the subjects of pets and I told her the buns. After explaining about Milly being a rescue bun and how nervous she is etc... she said she was very surprised that I had taken on Milly and basically said "but whats the point if you can't cuddle her, why not just get a dog?"

THEY'RE RABBITS NOT SOFT TOYS!!!!!! ANOTHER MUPPET!!!!!!!!

I think we should be a bit of everything like the woman with all the babies she came sat and me not being in a good mood mouth before thought, says I thought after the last time you would of learnt some common sense and not bred anymore to which she replies but the pet shop promised to take them, so my reply was well you are stuck then as I ain't taking them all, she now has a blind litter, adults with teeth problems, and she still can't see anything wrong, as I pointed out she better buy some more cages as she will need them

I think we should all start charging for advice, well the daft people anyway

elaine said:
I think we should be a bit of everything like the woman with all the babies she came sat and me not being in a good mood mouth before thought, says I thought after the last time you would of learnt some common sense and not bred anymore to which she replies but the pet shop promised to take them, so my reply was well you are stuck then as I ain't taking them all, she now has a blind litter, adults with teeth problems, and she still can't see anything wrong, as I pointed out she better buy some more cages as she will need them

I think we should all start charging for advice, well the daft people anyway

Gosh the poor buns, Is this the woman with thirty-odd? How many could you take? Or how many would need taking? Could ask Mum if I can foster a few but with moving house could be a prob :?.

Kay you do such a great job, Some stupid people always take advantage :x xXx

I think you end up finding that it is better to let it go over your head and have a laugh at them when they have gone or you have put the phone down.

A lady told me about her aggressive bun and said they've bred her to clam her down. I said sometimes it can make them worse but she said she has calmed down.

Back