• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my rabbit dig?

Dan

Young Bun
Ok, not such a stupid question. I know its natural for them but my indoor bun sometimes will go into his cage and dig in the corner for a good while, day or night.

Its as if hes annoyed. Hell stop for some nose rubs but then carry right on.

Then for a few months he could totally stop, not doing it for ages.

I dont think ive offended him, ive offered nose rubs each time hes demanded them, got food, drink, toys, boxes to destory, tubes, tunnels.

Could he be lonley? Could this be the reason ive been looking for to find him a nice lady friend (I like the look of skye ;)

I think you answered it yourself - its natural behaviour! Some buns dig more than others too, and sometimes maybe its boredom. I'm sure your rabbit would be happy to have a companion - and there's lots of lovely ones to choose from on here! You could try providing a "digging" box like a big cardboard box full of shredded paper or hay - might help save the carpet!

Back