• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking?

Jessica keeps on licking me, what does this mean - is it the same as cats, when they lick you it means they are grooming you, a good sign of affection.

I think she's doing this to get attention, she does it on my clothes too and in really odd places like on my back (when she crawls behind me - its very tickly!!). I'm just a tad warey as a week or so ago she went through a nipping stage, maybe this has now turned into licks and my constant 'No' worked?

Yup, shes saying she loves you. Rabbits do it to each other, if you ever watcxh a bonded pair they groom each other a lot.

Hannah

I asked a similar question a while back and everyone thought it was coz she loved me :love:

Jessica started nipping me before she took to full on licking.

Squidgy is the king of licking! He loves to groom me and the o/h and it does tickle, but it's very special!

I always get paranoid when my bunny licks me.
Poppy has a habit of licking the inside of my ear just before she pees on my back :roll: :roll: :roll:

bunnycath said:
I always get paranoid when my bunny licks me.
Poppy has a habit of licking the inside of my ear just before she pees on my back :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ewww!

Deej licks my legs, especially when I'm eating dinner - good way to diet as it puts me off my food! Also I do notice if I stroke/groom him he will lick me. :D

Dobbin is going through a slight nipping stage at the moment - not using his teeth - just kind of bringing his lips together - does that make sense?! I hope this develops into licking and dont just carrying on nipping me!! lol

sue
xx

Back