• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times do you have to tell people......*updated*

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Not to keep a guinea pig with a rabbit :evil: :x

We need a banging head against the wall smiley :oops:

Yeah theres a lady i work with always tells me about her daughter who has a rabbit and guinea pig and how much they love each other... everytime she mentions them i tell her its really not a good idea but she insists they are inseparable. Just hope it doesnt end in tears :?

Mmm un-educated people! I can't understand why if you are going to get a guinea pig, why not just get another rabbit! Surely that would be most sensible.... obviously not.. :)

i totally understand why people don't keep piggies and rabbits together and wouldn't do it myself but I do know a couple of rescues that allow it if both animals are young. (I know they may fight when older....)

This is a problem where I work, I'm sick of telling people you can't keep them together.

The usual reply is "I'v always kepted rabbits and guineas together and I have never had a problem".

All I can do is explain my argument and hope they listen.

Result!

Guinea Pig is being returned to the pet shop- not happy about that but at least she's not going to ever keep the two together again :D

Have suggested she takes piggie to a rescue when he'll have the chance of a decent home

Back