• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeubin...being naughty!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Guys, I need your help and advice.
Zeubin has recently started being such a little rascal. He's been keeping me up at night with his carpet digging (which there is no reason for, as he has 3 straw mats, and a straw house). I've found a corner of my bedding has been nibbled on :shock: .....and he had been to the toilet in area's other than his litter tray :shock:

I've been a meany, and restricted his 'free time' around my room, just to get his litter training back on track...which it has done...but now the carpet digging/scraping behaviour has started, and I don't know how to stop this :? It's not like he doesn't have other area's to dig.....but obviously prefers my carpet :x

Does any one have any suggestions to try and kerb this behaviour?

Is it only in one particular spot? Travis was doing this, so I placed a piece of wooden board over the corner he was digging at to begin with, then, about a week later, I've replaced it with a carpet tile. It's v thinly piled so he doesn't dig at it now because there isn't really much carpet thickness to dig at? May also be triggered by the time of year, as "Digging" can also be a bit of a mating ritual :shock:

Back