• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Additions to my bunny family

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
I am now the proud bunny mommy of 6 :D

My 2 new buns to join the family are 2 approx 5 month old mini lops.

They are free ad buns.

The little boy is a white albino who I have decided to name Mr Snow.
And the little girl, not yet chosen a name for her, is sort of brown/black otterish, very pretty.

Both seem in good health, have checked them over, little miss could do with a manicure, but bums, ears and teeth are fine.

I am going to get both neutered then hopefully bond them as a pair in a couple of months.

I collected them today so no photos yet, want to let them peacfully settle in.
Mr Snow is outside in his bachelor pad (hutch and run) and little miss is in the rabbbit room in her own dog crate (she can plot with Bloss and Pips through the bars :lol:

I'm so excited :D

Rabswood

Didn't know you had a list SOAD?

Have been trying to get these buns for a while, originally 4, the 2 lops and two other little boys. Possibly posted by Angie65 or ellepotter????

The bunnies are from Scholes which is Rotherham but has a Sheffield postcode :?

I think the other 2 little boys are stilll available as the owner said today she didn't like the look of the people who had said they would take them. I didn't know this until I turned up to collect the 2 lops today.

I was originally going to take all 4, but when I found out they were all single buns I didn't have enough accomodation so messed about for ages trying to sort something out. Angie65 said she could take them temporarily but I cancelled this arrangement when the owner emailed me to say she had found a home for 2 of them but did I still want the lops?

So as far as I am aware 2 boys are still available.

Rabswood

rabswood said:
Mr Snow is outside in his bachelor pad (hutch and run) and little miss is in the rabbbit room in her own dog crate (she can plot with Bloss and Pips through the bars :lol:

Rabswood

Little Miss sounds like a good name for a bunny. Perhaps you should consider keeping this name.

SOAD have just looked at your list, what a fab idea but it made me very sad, all those unwanted rabs and pigs :(

I can’t see my buns on the list.

Louise, I don't know where the original post was sorry, it was a while ago.
I will pm you with the owners email address, I will also email her saying you are a friend and are looking to take the boys.

More on my new babies tomorrow. A bit concerned actually about Mr Snow.
I think he is either depressed, blind (albino bun), deaf or a sandwich short of a picnic. I'm no bunny expert but he's different from all the others. He's not particularly nervous so I don't think it's fear. Physically as far as I can tell he looks fine. Both are eating and pooing well too. The owners described him as very laid back but I expect a young bun to be more inquisitive, something’s not right. Once they have settled in it’s off to the vets for neutering. will give him a couple of days, see if he comes round.

Rabswood

I know it's heartbreaking :( , I need to mail a load with the letter asking them not to give away their rabbits for free, but work is busy all week :(

I'm dropping off info packs today to a couple of petshops about pigs and rabbits living together :evil: it just never ends.

When I opened up Mr Snow this morning he was sitting in what I can only describe as a puddle of poo, he is very good natured so let me clean him up. After using loo roll and cotton wool but not getting anywhere fast I decided the only thing for it was a bottom bath. Poor little man, all his little boy bits were covered in poo and he has mid-length fur. Was a bit of a job.
As I introduced Science Selective into their diets yesterday I am hoping it's just that, Little Miss Treacle (decidd on name) was fine. I have put him just on hay for the time being. I'm terrified he will get fl strike now. My other buns are so clean and have stomachs of steel.

It's so hard being a bun mum :(

Rabswood

Make sure there's absolutely NO CHANCE the girlie bun could be pregnant.
Hope Louise can help with the other too. I'm available for pick up/deliveries if needed, but my house is definitely now over-run with buns

Louise has already tried to get the other two buns previously but it didn't work out with the owner.

So there are still 2 un-neutered males available.

Rabswood

rabswood said:
Louise has already tried to get the other two buns previously but it didn't work out with the owner.

So there are still 2 un-neutered males available.

Rabswood

I can try & get them if you want, but they will have to go elsewhere (will be honest with owner), cos am FULL FULL FULL

If anyone wants me to do anything, please let me know.

Rabswood - hope Mr Snow is ok, & I have a temp bun called Treacle :D

Like Rabswood has said we arranged to pick the two chaps up last weekend but the owner wasn’t in. :(

I've also tried to get in touch with the owner several times via email but had no response.

I've since committed myself to two other Rabbits. Can’t wait around forever unfortunately. :(

Louise

Back