• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some care questions - A&P and hutch paint

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
I just have a few questions really not about one thing in particular so bare with me :)

I have been trying to find the website for the Allen and Page pellets so that I can find a stockist but the only site I can find is for horse feed. Can anyone help me out please?

Also, as I am building an extension to the hutch we will need to treat the timber. Does anyone recommend bunny safe treatment for wood? I saw ronseal said it was safe for animals once dry but I don't know if that counts if bunnies chew on it (??). Also do I treat ALL the wood or just the sides that are exposed to the elements?

Thanks

Shiv :D

If you give allen and page a ring, they are very helpful, and will give you a list of suppliers in your area (the online was is not very comprehensive, I found)

Woohoo rang them this morning and it turns out I have at least 3 places that can order it in for me so thats fab news. Only the best for my bunnies (when they arrive!

Thanks again for your help.

Shiv xXXx

you realise you will have to wean you new rabbit onto these new pellets as they will probably have been fed something different?

Yup I am going to ask the rescue centre if I can buy some of the food they are feeding him on or tell me what it is so I can get it in advance so I can gradually introduce him to A&P. See I have been doing my research :)

Back