• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mesh floor????

lucyj

Mama Doe
I'd never of dreamed of putting mesh on the floor of my bunnies run, as \i thought it's be sore on their feet, but after having looked at this

Rabbit Run Floor
Rabbit are expert diggers, so rabbit runs should have something to prevent rabbits digging out, either mesh or paving slabs on the floor or mesh buried under the run

on this site http://www.therabbithouse.com/outdoor/rabbitrun.asp

I am considering putting mesh on the floor of their run as they were digginh again today, the neighbours will not be happy :roll: , anyone have any advice?

I think u were right in thinking Mesh on the bottom would hurt their puds. Some sort of solid base is better.

If the run is permanent, you could always bury the mesh a little way down, or even bury the paving slabs a little way down. That's what my dad did when we used to have outdoor bunnies.

I put chicken wire along the bottom of my run, then let all the grass grow through. It's now covered with mud and grass so the buns aren't directly hopping on it, I can't even see it anymore except when the buns try to dig it up. :roll: :lol:

This is what I've done with mine

DSCN0826.jpg

Then covered it with bark chippings. Ruby loves to dig, and this lets her have her fun without her escaping!

I've read that the best thing is to use a length of soft, plastic-coated cable and just stretch lengths of that from one end of the run to ther other to form a sort of grid. It's soft, you can get it in green so it blends with the grass, and it will stop the bunnies from burrowing out.

AMETHYST

Back