• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Success!!.......

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
:D :D :D :D Meet Zion.........

Zion1.jpg

Zion2.jpg
Zion3.jpg

Zion4.jpg
Zion5.jpg

I found him at the Animals in Distress and fell in love. I spoke with the workers there and they told me he is a 6 month old unneutered mini rex. They are neutering him and giving him his last vaccinations in the next couple of weeks. This gives me time to get my hutch, make my alterations, have my home inspection and then he is mine :D They seemed happy with the plans for my set up (extend the height of the current hutch and build an addition to the hutch using a tunnel to connect them). Even if I only extend the height and depth of current hutch and then make sure the extension is done before I take him back for his 6 week post adoption appointment and possible bonding search for a girlfriend(depending when he becomes safe after his op).

Apparently he was dumped at the rescue centre's local vet because the owners were moving away. He (obviously) wasn't neutered or vaccinated). Apparently he loves liquorice (sp?).

I got there and went into the run on my own - they're really lovely there. I went straight up to him and he was very inquisitive and then let me stroke his head, then his ears and after a little while I stroked all the way along his back and he was closing his eyes with pleasure :D I then moved to the end of the run and called him out from the doorway to his hutch and he came up to me, started stiffing my feet and played with me for a little while with the ball you can see in the pic. I totally fell in love! He is just so friendly and such a beautiful bunny! So I just had to reserve him!

Thank you so much to the person who suggested the centre. I am very grateful.

Hugs

A happy Shiv xXXx

Awww he's lovely, jst what u wanted!! So happy for you now you have your :bunny:, I'm sure you's will fall madly in love with 1 another! :D :thumb:

Hurray! That was quick! :D Zion is gorgeous.

Do they have lots of bunnies down there? Despite living and working not too far away, I've never been, although a lady that I work with used to volunteer there.

Thanks very much! Yup Black Otter Rex which is the colour I loved the most! So happy.

Hehe thats what I thought Raven - I hate the stuff!

RallyBunny - yes there are LOTS of bunnies there and they have 30 bunnies on the waiting list as well :( :( That's why I am going back there to get my female to bond with Zion but also because they're such lovely people there.

If anyone is in Devon and they're looking for a bunny definately pay them a visit. They have dogs, cats, ponies, goats, ducks, LOADS!!! I couldn't look at the dogs otherwise I would end up coming home with one! One animal at a time hehe.

Shiv

My very first Bunnies were three Black Otter Rex Sisters, Eleanor, Megan and Beatrice. Be warned, they are ADDICTIVE!! I now have 34 Buns, 14 of whom are Rexes..... :oops: :lol:

Janex

Zion is beautiful!!! :love:

He has gorgeous eyes!!!!

I'm so pleased for you Shivy Rex - keep us updated please!!! :D

Yup. I need to ring them when I have sorted my hutch out and then they are going to do homecheck. It's good that he is being neutered etc as it gives us both time to sort out hutch and bunny.

I am very excited though. I cannot wait for it all to be finalised and he comes to his new home. I am already looking into how I am going to bunny proof my living room as I reckon he will probably spend more time in there with me (with his new bunny friend when I finally get her) when I am home than out in the hutch/run (sommink to do with the miserbale weather down here!)

Thanks again for all your kind words. Will def keep you updated.

Shiv xXXx

I've read all about your search for a bunny and am so glad you found him! I found one at the weekend, and just fell in love with her, it's great isn't it? Every time I look at her I feel happy (sad I know!!). Good luck with him xx

Back