• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeders trying to get rescue bunns- warning

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Today an e-mail came through for Kirkby Pet Welfare (I receive e-mail enquiries) from a rex breeder wanting the two un-neutered rex does they have there! (Kirkby only neuter bucks, as they have many many more rabbits than most rescues and simply cannot afford to do does too.)

This lady had also called Kirkby earlier this week and made it absolutely clear what she wanted them for- she explicity stated this. She also expected both does to be seperated from their neutered not rex partners. She was unsuprisingly told to get lost.

I'm not telling this to start a debate about neutering, as it seems many of you neuter all anyway, but I was asked to pass this on as a warning to others in the Midlands area in case this person decides to contact other rescues.

(And yes this does back up the reasons why rescues should neuter on the 'am i the only one' thread, but as i said I'm just passing this on.)

That is bad fancy asking for them to be slip from their partners :cry:

Kirby don't neuter does because Celia doesn't believe in it. My foster buns are from Kirby :D

SOAD said:
Kirby don't neuter does because Celia doesn't believe in it. My foster buns are from Kirby :D

Sorry I did know that but thought if I said it would just start an even bigger debate :D (think its a cost issue too.) x

SOAD said:

:roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

bunnylove said:
SOAD said:

:roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

I do understand Eve, but Kirkby have their reasons and its not fair to go into it when they cannot explain it themselves (Celia doesn't have the internet at home.)

As, I said just a friendly warning about this breeder :)

I think Celia makes some very valid points though, I do agree with a lot of at she says.

why oh why would you breed from recue buns, you cant tell anything about their breeding if nothing else. poor bunnies, i went to rehome a bun today, saw the others, saw just how many get left unwanted, its awful. i think there needs to be some kind of contract so people cant breed from unneutered rabbits

Ruby came from Kirkby, and I really enjoyed meeting Celia. I was overwhelmed by the amount of bunnies she has there. She, together with fosteres/ helpers, does a great job. It took all my willpower not to go home with a car full of bunnies!

Back