• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gah!! Vets!

Beany

Alpha Buck
Just been to take Radar for his VHD, but the vet asked me if there were any probs etc. I told her that I had seen a couple of excess caecotrophs the last couple of days when I get home from work (they have pellets in the morning) and none over night (after they've had veg), but I don't know which one is producing them. She decided that she wouldn't give hime the VHD if there was a chance he wan't 100% - great, I thought, at least she seems to know what she's on about :) However, I'm now £30 lighter of pocket as she prescribed baytril and critical care for the next 5 days for them both to have :roll: Just tried the CC and Beany loves it, but Radar isn't so sure, although he did have a small amount...

I did ask her if she thought Beany was clean enough round the nether regions as I'd been worried she was pee-stained, but she said she's one of the cleanest rabbits she's ever seen :D :D

No point to this story, just wanted to get the 'gah!!' off my chest :lol: Now off to cancel the order for the bracelet I bought yesterday, as I need the money to cover the vet bill :roll:

Aww, What a shame. Do they really need critical care and baytril for a few extra cacetrophs (sp?!)? I just cut T's pellets right down and give her hay :oops:, Seems to sort it :?. Such a shame about the bracelet, But It proves what a wonderful bunny mummy you are :). xX

beckiboo186 said:
Aww, What a shame. Do they really need critical care and baytril for a few extra cacetrophs (sp?!)? I just cut T's pellets right down and give her hay :oops:, Seems to sort it :?. Such a shame about the bracelet, But It proves what a wonderful bunny mummy you are :). xX

Well, that's what I thought she'd suggest, but it was too late once I'd opened my mouth :( I tried to stress I thought it was the pellets and was hoping she would offer an explanation and some advice, not whip £30 off me :shock: :lol:

I dont understand why she would say to give them critical care.. thats for recovering rabbits or ones that arent eating on their own surely :? :?
How much pellet food do you give them in the mornings?

Diddeen said:
I dont understand why she would say to give them critical care.. thats for recovering rabbits or ones that arent eating on their own surely :? :?
How much pellet food do you give them in the mornings?

well, that's what I thought :? They only have a small handful of pellets and are eating them no problem, same as the hay and veg.

Do you think I should not bother with the CC? :?

That sounds ridiculous! I don't think that the occassional caecothroph is anything to get worked up about...it just means that you should cut down on food and they should eat more hay, surely?

Ours hade their VHD's when they were producing excess ones and our vet just told us to cut back on their food...?! :?

Am just so annoyed that I didn't think to question it (until I got home and it was too late :roll: )

Of course, it's typical that there have been no caecotrophs whatsoever yesterday or today and I'm sure the antibiotics/CC can't have 'worked' already :roll:

GAH!!!! :lol:

Back