• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was just wondering!!

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Dobbin came in with us in the lounge for about three hours last night and he was lovely. He kept putting his front paws up on our legs and jumping onto my lap and rubbing noses with us. However he keeps attacking the wallpaper - anyone got any ideas please?

Then when i picked him up he was fine to be picked up but was sooooo fidgety in my arms - i had to have a good hold of him! I was just taking him back outside into his hutch, as soon as he was there he was fine.

Also - sorry - yesterday he ate at least three handfuls of hay, about 30 pellets and a good helping of grass when he was outside oh and a lettuce leaf - he has never eaten this much before, but then we have only had him a week, is this normal? Should i limit his food? How much should he have in a day or should it be an endless supply?

Sorry to ask so many questions again.

Sue
xx

He can have unlimited pellets :D

You should introduce veg SLOWLY from around the age of 12 weeks

And I'm afraid the only way to save your wallpaper is to bunny proof!!! There is an article about it in the reference section :D

Thank you very much, what about hay and grass - should i limit this? The only other things he has is parsley and lettuce, he hasnt had much of that - just a little bit when he comes in with us as a treat!

sue
xx

Never limit hay! It should make up the most part of your buns diet :D The more hay the better everything will work in your buns body :D :lol:

Not really and iceburg lettuce is a definate NONO!!!!!!

Start around 12 weeks with tiny peices of carrot or cauliflower... if you do a search with "safe veg" I'm sure it will bring up loads of veg for you to try. Just remember to do it really slowly (like one peice of veg over a week/2 weeks) to make sure it doesn't upset the tum :D

Mine used to do that but now we give him something else to keep him occupied. A very large box with a couple of holes

Just big enough for him to get in and out and the rest he can do. Spends all day eating the door ways making them bigger, other boxes and tubes to destroy.

I also re-decorated his hallway with painted walls and hard wearing office style carpet, solid stuff and no way he can get any leverage to rip it up.

He now has the entire hallway (which is quite large) free to roam 24/7

Back