• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deleted

I paid £19.00 at my old vets but I have just started using my Rabbit savvy vets for all my neutering as well and they charge just under £30.00.

Louise

snowy said:
Did you know that the RSPCA have a scheme whereby you can go into one of their shops and buy a "male rabbit castrate voucher" for £15 and then look on their list of vets who are in all areas and you hand over the voucher and the RSPCA pay the rest!!

Thought you might like to know

:shock: :shock: do they do does as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, as far as I can establish it's just for male bunnies, they also do cat vouchers as well

snowy said:
Did you know that the RSPCA have a scheme whereby you can go into one of their shops and buy a "male rabbit castrate voucher" for £15 and then look on their list of vets who are in all areas and you hand over the voucher and the RSPCA pay the rest!!

Thought you might like to know

Thats good, do you have to prove you're on benefits etc?

Really omg :shock: , not that I've any males need doing, but that's worth knowing.

I have George booked in to be neutered at the begining of August, and it will cost about 50.00.
My local vet was a bit cheaper, and although great with my dog, I was not so happy with some of his answers as far as rabbits were concerned so I'd rather travel a bit further and pay a bit more for the op.

You don't have to be on benefits, it's open to everyone, it's just that they don't publicise it very well, wonder why!!??!! :roll:

Try in your area and see, it really makes a difference to cost

I paid just over 26, but I was quoted at between 50-60 elsewhere and that was with pain killers extra. I was going with the more expensive vet as it's the one my dog goes to but I wasn't happy with their responses when I asked about the op. I think mine has reduced costs as it's a hospital so get through a lot of routine operations.

cor blimey-i paid about £110 in total for dudley to have the 'chop'.that said,the vet is expensive but it is a proper animal hospital-maybe thats why????!!!!
my little girl lola needs doing next!!!! :shock:

I just paid £34.52 plus VAT (ermmm...that makes £40.56 in total) for Nomad's neuter including painkillers and the check ups - they didn't charge me any extra for doing his molars or clipping his BRC ring off at the same time :D

Sheffield and Barnsley have the Abbey vet group (very good with buns) cost for a male neuter is £30.

Rabswood

neutering

The cost is £40 for a buck & £50 for a doe regardless of size.
I get my buck neutered in 2 days :cry:

Back